Glow-Worm Ultracom 35CXI

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Christopher White, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Christopher White

Christopher White New Member

Inside.PNG 1.PNG 2.PNG

Hi all,

I've had Vaillant out to replace a diverter valve in my Glow-Worm Ultracom 35CXI back in August 2016.

However its now 2019 and the exact same fault has re-appeared, leaking inhibitor quite ferociously all over the boiler cupboard at random intervals, venting the boiler all the way down to 0.0 Bar and requiring top-up.

It leaks only when the Radiators are in use, if I select the mode at the front to Hot Water only then the drips stop. Then as soon as I bring in hot water and radiator mixed service and the stat demands the boiler, the drips start again. The base plate is full of inhibiter-water.

I guess this is still a diverter valve problem as the valve leaks when its in a certain position?

I tried to upload a video and photos to show but the forum wouldn't accept it.

2. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

The o ring has failed was it repaired or replaced if repaired the spindle may have a Nike in it

3. Christopher White

Christopher White New Member

Hi mate,

I have on my report card from Vaillant that it was replaced. But I suppose its anyone's guess if the seal was replaced or I was unlucky and both sets of seals have been damaged.

4. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

Soft parts usually last 5 yes as a min that's why I asked

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

They are prone to leak water :( around that housing. The leaked water residue suggests poor water quality or other faults.

Its an easy fix :)