gloworm swiftflow pilot problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by plumberstool, Jul 7, 2004.

1. plumberstool

plumberstool New Member

pilot keeps going out may keep in 4 2/3 no days then cuts out the problem is there is no fault finding books and ringing gloworm is a joke is there a overheat which could b faulty or try thermocoule first
    thanks

2. billythekid

billythekid Member

try the thermocouple first, check your flu setup for backdraughts, might need an approved flue terminal fitting to help if thats the case.

3. dp

dp Guest

Billthekid, are you a cowboy? Do you know this boiler? What is the approved terminal for this boiler? As far as I know there is only one (and that is supplied by Gloworm) It is advise like this that turns a gas appliance into a loaded gun!!

My advise would be the orignal poster should call in an approved gas engineer to diagnose and correct the fault. Do not change thermocouple as the fault may well be elsewhere.

4. heating man

heating man New Member

and are u CORGI registered!!! Glowworm will gladly teach u how to repair their boilers, do the same as i do go on annual training courses, that how we professionals learn
    heating man

5. zambezi

zambezi New Member

Hi Heating Man,
    Do you need to be qualified to attend any of the Glow Worm courses? They dont mention it on their web site.
    cheers Z

6. dp

dp Guest

If you have a CORGI number, then no probs.

7. zambezi

zambezi New Member

In other words, i need to be qualified to get the CORGI number to go on the course?