goldenboy £60 to fit an internal

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by starlight tiles, Feb 3, 2007.

1. prince

prince New Member

Fragsie, you are gonna fit in well here matey!

2. fragsie

fragsie New Member

dont know bout that - im a discerning trademan who thought this forum was for likeminded people to help each other out - kinda what we should all be doin and used to do b4 the whole price work/cut throat 80's revolution !!!! Most the guys who post a lot on here sound like muppets or labourers with nail bags.....there is a place in our industry for these guys but it makes it harder for the decent ones to keep up the good name i suppose.....

maybe i will fit in ok - its definetly funny reading this stuff - do they actually get time to work ?????

3. prince

prince New Member

I Only started posting for the crack!

4. fragsie

fragsie New Member

me too kinda - mate told me about it - maybe im too idealistic....it is funny tho' - in a tragic kinda way...lots of d*ck swinging !!!!!

5. prince

prince New Member

lots and lots!

6. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

yo prince ad a look at your posta you've posted all day.work a bit quiet .

7. Guest

If i fitted mrs smiths 6 panel down the road - £50 is a fair price.

Hi fragsie, Yea that's fine, woulden't pay to get your tools out for less ! but that's one door if mrs smith asked you to fit seven would you charge £350 ?

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I would and I do. Just priced another two jobs tonight. Seven hollow doors in one and five in the other. if i get em should get clear perhaps £900 for doing them with me mark up on doors and ironmongery and charging a fiver to dispose of each door. No-one gets a discount off me. Why should i discount. you dont get a discount for buying 10 pints in an evening as oppossed to 1.

9. prince

prince New Member

yo prince ad a look at your posta you've posted all day.work a bit quiet

No Mazda. If you opened your eyes, you would have seen I said I was taking the day off. Had to wait for a delivery, and my GF had day off too.

10. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

day of love making hey.nice.

11. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

dont know bout that - im a discerning trademan who thought this forum was for likeminded people to help each other out - kinda what we should all be doin and used to do b4 the whole price work/cut throat 80's revolution !!!! Most the guys who post a lot on here sound like muppets or labourers with nail bags.....there is a place in our industry for these guys but it makes it harder for the decent ones to keep up the good name i suppose.....

maybe i will fit in ok - its definetly funny reading this stuff - do they actually get time to work ?????
    you Scottish by any chance fraggs

12. foxy

foxy New Member

13. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Hello,

I have to say, as a customer, I found this thread quite amusing.

Goldenboy, where are you based, I have a genuine offer for you ?

I'm an idealist, and I like the idea of a job been done properly, if you genuinely work that that standard I'd be interested in putting some work your way..............with a twist.

Jed

14. THE BUILDER MAN

THE BUILDER MAN New Member

just replaced two fir doors reused hinges locks handles tc etc £995.89 thank you very much

15. grouty

grouty New Member

i would agree with you over price .especialy if a punter has just one door they want hung ,as youve still got ta get ya van out load up tools.{never leave um in the van }drive there .and if you give the price over the phone whitch they often try to badger you into your taking a chance that the lining aint half moon shaped ,they give you a nice notty pine peice of **** door from B&Q and some dodgy furniture .ive been caught out like this before and its taken me half a day to hang 2 doors ,ive been in the game 23 yrs. have latest kit and cut me teeth in shopfitting no novice .so yea once your stood there with the door ,ya tools and start the clock ,about half hour a door ,but you have to take into account dust sheets .clearing up do you have ta carry the door in an out the house to shoot it in.and WE DO HAVE TO PAY TAX .

16. prince

prince New Member

Oh grouty, why did you have to say 'SHOOT IT IN'...Thats confused poor old Mazda again!