Good deal ???

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by coggy, Jan 23, 2004.

1. WOLF

WOLF New Member

why use the trend guide bushes, as most places stock the dewalt's, and any way most will fit the 625 as standard !!!!just take the insert plate with you when you buy the next bushing!!!!!!
    matt

2. coggy

coggy New Member

It says on the Dewalt:

Guide Bushing adapter plate accepts standard guide bushings for template work

Does this mean the Trend guide bushes will fit without the unibase?

Wolf your the man who will know?

Thanks all

3. woodsmith

woodsmith New Member

Why do you want to use the Trend guide bushes?

4. coggy

coggy New Member

I dont really, just that they have a large range of different sizes and i don't know where to find any others that will fit the Dewalt.

Open to suggestions here?

5. woodsmith

woodsmith New Member

Use DeWalt ones?

6. coggy

coggy New Member

Where from?

7. woodsmith

woodsmith New Member

Any DeWalt dealer will have or get you guide bushes
    for the 625; you can get 10,24,27,30,40mm, all these need a guide bush holder part no DE6301 £15.20 and bushes which directly fit to base in 27,30,40mm

8. WOLF

WOLF New Member

coggy, i use the trend bushes purely because we have trend routers, more often than not i use the dewalt ones, like my earlier posting stated, they all come out of the same factory(well most bits do!!)
    and for those who want to know about other routers, (and please note, i am not being BIG HEADED, i just happen to own the workshop, so provide staff with the required tools to do the job!!!- and i am in seventh heaven when actually working with the timber!!!)
    i can give advise on the folowing routers.
    1) dewalt 625EK, 621EK and 615 - 2) trend T9 and 2x T3's- 3) elu/mof96 & 177- 4) P&C 7539 1/2hp version- 5) metabo ofe738- 6)freud ft2000VCE- 7) profixed head(old usa tool)-8) makita 3612 - 9) 2 little power devils -always got small round over bits in......
    and jim, we have had our TREND T9 for just over the year now, and is on it's second set of carbon brushes, which is not a good sign (all dewalts, freud and the metabo, are still on the original brushes, the 625 and 615 after over 4 years usage) they are all well liked, but for sheer longevity in a tool , you can not go wrong with the 625EK, so if you lot need some advise just feel free to just ask!!! one i would not recommend is the aussie triton, had a trial for our local supplier, what a total nightmare, and it can only take it's own brand of bushes and fittings...
    regards matt

9. coggy

coggy New Member

Thanks Woodsmith

If your good self or anyone can post a link to get these it would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Coggy

10. Markybob

Markybob New Member

Credit where credit is due - Trend routers are designed and manufactured in the UK

Dewalt are the business with regard to some tools but Trend have the market on routers.

Do the right thing, buy british it is better and we have a duty to try it.

Hey.... play with it, and if it doesnt do the biz get it credited

And Wolf, I am not lying read the trend compatability chart as i did

No direspect

Yours

Marky b

11. coggy

coggy New Member

12. WOLF

WOLF New Member

MARYBOB, dewalt tools are all made in the uk these days, and like most GLOBAL companies, they are staffed by the countries own people, the yanks may own the name as such, but the set up over here is purely british run and managed!and as the latest pts staes, trend are actually third in the routers sold to the 3rd quarter last year, mak's were second with DW's first, not by much, only about 5000 units sold!!!
    regards matt
    p.s. i watch these financial dealings(tooling/tooling manufacturers) as i have a vested interest in a few!!!!!

13. coggy

coggy New Member

Ok, sorry Wolf if this is repeating an old question. I know you said that they come from the same place but i want to make sure. I want to buy a couple of guide bushes on-line and i can't find any where that sell Dewalt.
    This is the router:
    http://diytools.com/store/detail.asp?ProductID=35744

So if i purchase some Trend guide bushes:
    http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/store/newsearch.php3?search=bush&max=25&start=0&submit.x=8&submit.y=13

Will these fit the Dewalt router?

Just want to make sure guys, thanks everyone

Coggy
    Sorry first post the second link was wrong

14. WOLF

WOLF New Member

i had not noticed"LOL" right now then young'un, if you go to http://www.dewalt.co.uk and then go to the where to buy button, it will ask for your county,(once filled in) it will then ask for the town(with a dealer) closet to you , and then hey presto up pops the nearest c/w numbers and any web sites ok,
    and by the way the K denotes that it should also come complete with the heavy duty pressed steel case, so again, make sure it will before you part with your cash!!!!
    regards matt
    p.s.COGGY: if you post again tonight i will have to pick it up in morning as i am up early for work. see ya all!!!!

15. coggy

coggy New Member

Thanks Wolf

Im sorted now, have a good nights sleep "old one" lol

Thanks again

Coggy (Young one)lol

16. coggy

coggy New Member

Just to let people know. I e-mailed the suppliers about the adjustable fence and a box for the Dewalt, and yes it comes with both.

Thanks Wolf (Old one)lol
    and everyone for your help

P.S
    Woodsmith are you a young one or an old one ????

17. coggy

coggy New Member

Hi again

Ive tried to get on:
    www.dewalt.co.uk

And i cant get in, can someone else try and post there results to see if its me or them

Thanks

Coggy

18. woodsmith

woodsmith New Member

19. coggy

coggy New Member

No Woodsmith, that doesnt work either. Is that working for you ?

20. woodsmith

woodsmith New Member

Yes, it works for me, every time;)