Good idea

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Jun 7, 2014.

1. No it hasn't. And saying it repeatedly won't make your claim any more accurate.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Prove it??????, see you in 20 years when you've given up looking.

3. Phil the Paver

I don't know what Monestry you live in, but if you open the door and look outside every now and then you might see for yourself.:rolleyes:

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

ermmm I'm still waiting for the evidence to support your theory, a Daily Telegraph report doesn't count either ....

I've got plenty of real evidence to support the fact that it doesn't work, ah yes I remember now - all of the reports claiming that physical abuse actually works as a deterrent are being suppressed

5. Is 1987 when corporal punishment was abolished in UK schools?

If it helps, I can comment from being a primary school kid back in the '60s - where I received the 'belt' on numerous occasions (and I still remember - with some bitterness - the 'unfair ones') - a secondary school kid in the '70s (ditto), a teacher in the '90s (and thank gawd the belt had been abolished) and now - for my sins - a school governor in my local primary school.

Jeepers, I'd sooooo much rather be a kid in school these days. It is FAR superior in EVERY respect.

6. Phil the Paver

Post um then, don't be asking if you can't deliver.

7. Phil the Paver

You really don't live in an average part of the UK do you, I'm pleased for you that you live where you do, because I really don't think you could handle the real UK.

8. Phil the Paver

9. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

10. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

that's just a blog entry saying they (whoever they are) think behaviour standards has dropped, that's as valid an credible as you saying it's due to the lack of corporal punishment - it's basically just an opinion (which you and the author of that blog are clearly entitled to have)

11. Phil the Paver

12. Phil the Paver

Your first post is a goody two shoes organization if ever I've seen one.:rolleyes:

13. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

The reason miss----------- had control was she had been running the school for years from the days when the heads word was law and being near retirement with a superb record she was not looking over her shoulder worring about pleasing the PC brigade like the new head who was really just a manager.

14. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

15. proby

proby Active Member

Don't know if it works or not and unlike some I don't intend to spend all day googling it. What do they say, lies, damn lies and statistics. I'd still like to try the cattle prod.

16. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

yep, the prevention of disease in kids, yep very goody

17. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

Stella or Buckfast Mr P ?

18. I have to say tho', Sean, if a teacher pulled a leather belt out of their desk and suddenly started whipping them kids, they'd soon shut up...

Maybe Phil has a point...

19. Phil the Paver

20. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select