Good monitor for photo editing?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by bayoda, Aug 16, 2018.

1. bayoda

bayoda New Member

I'm in the market to get a new monitor and have read many reviews online but wondering what others are using or have experience with. What do others recommend as well? Pros and cons? Size? My desk is not ideal for a 32" like the NEC but I guess I could always get a new desk too!

All thoughts and suggestions welcome and appreciated.

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Got a 26 LG on my desk.
    What is your final output going to be at what size.
    Just get a hi res I guess
    RS

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What's your budget?

Using 27" Samsung, Asus & BenQ 120hz & 144hz monitors here.

Samsung S32D850 32" monitor with a 2560x1440 resolution @ £450 or less, would be on my list.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

ASUS MG28UQ a 28" 4k monitor @ £369 or less, Quidco/TCP might save a few more pennies.

Just had a look at my 27" BenQ, it's the PD2700Q,has a IPS panel use it with Photoshop,etc, lovely monitor, borrow a calibration tool, found monitor was spot on for colours.

Wouldn't a monitor less than 27", I find larger is better more room to work, & space for adding side bars.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  5. bayoda

bayoda New Member

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

If space is limited for a screen the minimum size you should be looking at is a 27 inch display.
    In July last year i had to replace my ageing Eizo screen. I spent a few weeks looking around and eventually decided to order an Asus PA279Q.
    The panel is an AH-IPS with a 10 bit colour depth and a 2560 x 1440 resolution, perfect for photoshop and Lightroom.
    Having had it for over a year now i can safely say it's the best screen i have ever owned. The colours were spot on straight out of the box (true to Asus's claim for the Pro-Art screens), no dead pixels either.
    Within the screen's software you have the ability to set a grid pattern on screen as well, which comes in very handy in Lightroom.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Have the same Asus monitor,just superb, & the 'QuickFit Virtual Scale Function' allowing users to preview photos and documents on screen in their actual sizes Photo: 8”x10”, 5”x7”, 4”x6”, 3”x5”, 2”x2” & A4 prior to printing, it''s very useful.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

9. I will soon be getting a new dell laptop to edit the photos I take on my DSLR. I need feedback as to what the best possible editing software is out there for a windows and how much it costs. Looking to increase the number of photos I take this summer. Thanks in advance

10. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

You will get better responses if you start a new thread. Members get fed up of people reopening 5 year old threads.

gadget man likes this.
  11. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Bazza save your fingers, the poster you answered is an AI bot, if you read his posts it’ll be obvious.

dbm and Bazza-spark like this.
  12. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Cheers mate. Got caught again.