Good Screwdriver Bits?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by socks_uk, Aug 31, 2007.

1. socks_uk

socks_uk New Member

I didn't know which category of Forums to ask this so I'll start here...

I'm a lady DIYer and treated myself to a Bosch drill recently. I don't do much heavy drilling - the odd screw in a wall to fix washing line etc. & plenty of flat packed furniture in the past using hand screwdrivers.

I've just started putting together a new filing cabinet (Just an ASDA £20 maple wood coloured one) but I've stripped the 'cheapo' screwdriver bits I probably bought from Wilko's or somewhere else with a sale on. I'm hoping someone might give me some advice on good screwdriver bits to invest in, bearing in mind I'm not a proffessional and don't want to pay a great deal for them (maybe £10 - £20 if they will last me a few years).

Thanks in advance,
    Jill

2. MR BUSY

MR BUSY New Member

wickes do fairly good quality at a good price if you buy in little boxes of 25.
    That'll last a while.

3. socks_uk

socks_uk New Member

Thanks MR BUSY, I'll go and have a look in Wickes this afternoon.

The filing cabinet is laid out on the living room floor right now so I'm going to have to buy some today or get out my trusty 'manual' screwdriver!

4. ª¹

ª¹ New Member

[Edited by: admin5]

5. Tommy_Saxondale

Tommy_Saxondale New Member

latest ...dotty **** is the forum * ;)

6. ª¹

ª¹ New Member

Blimey, that's a tad harsh!

7. Tommy_Saxondale

you sad unfunny **

8. ª¹

ª¹ New Member

Awwwwww, that's more like it

9. Tommy_Saxondale

you'll get it later My Baitch ...;-)
    make sure you have a *** before I turn up or else you'll be gulping down chocs an cream .. ;)

[Edited by: admin23]

10. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

Can I watc...

Oh, forget it.

11. Tommy_Saxondale

12. Notme!

Notme! New Member

you'll get it later My Baitch ...;-)
    make sure you have a *** before I turn up or else
    you'll be gulping down chocs an cream .. ;)

such a lovely image for us all to imagine on a poorly regulated public access forum like this...

...quite what the lady DIYer must make of her request for screwdriver bit recommendations is anyone's guess.

Can only presume that Tommy S is also willing to maybe stand up and address an assembly of 5 - 12 year olds to explain what he's on about?

After all, they're far more computer savvy that us...

Tommy, you really are an iron-cast, copper-bottomed, 24 Karat ****...bog off back to your Bomag...

...-...

[Edited by: admin23]

13. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Notme, you really are disgusting, my 7 year old daughter was looking over my shoulder and now she has some new and very unwelcome vocabulary.

14. Harry_Davison

Harry_Davison New Member

Notme
    Dont lower the tone here to your gutter standards ,thanks

15. Notme!

Notme! New Member

Hang on!!

I'm <u>also</u> complaining about this completely inappropriate filth being posted on here - in this case by TS, about 2 posts above mine...

Kandy's daughter is PRECISELY why admin should deal with this sort of stuff just as they do with swearing.

16. Harry_Davison

Harry_Davison New Member

Notme!
    Dont play the white man now young man !!
    Your above filthy diatribe was terrible an you chose to write swear words in a fashion to avoid the admin delete ,

I have seen worse here but at least THEY write an KNOW their bad stuff will be deleted,;-)

Hang you head in shame ,nasty lil man..:-(

17. Mr GrimNasty

Kandy's daughter is PRECISELY why admin should deal
    with this sort of stuff just as they do with swearing.

Someone explain - I'm losing the will......

18. Notme!

Notme! New Member

(Yes, haa-haa, ho-ho, Oh my aching sides! etc...I do understand you're taking the ****. ;))

But my point is still valid. Bet you wouldn't be quite so smug or patronising if the scenario with your daughter had actually happened...

This forum can be a bit rough and tumble, but I still think the post stepped over the line, and am saddened that Admin are happy to delete words like "t**", but not edit out this sort of stuff.

Rant over...

[Edited by: admin9]

19. Tkitt9

Tkitt9 New Member

make sure your drill is on the slow speed .some people try to do it to quick and wear out their bits.

20. Mr GrimNasty

make sure your drill is on the slow speed .some
    people try to do it to quick and wear out their bits.

An attempt at a sensible answer. Try using the appropriate torque setting and a bit of care so that the bits don't twist out of the screw heads.

Notme - given the tide of filth that any 5yo can access on the internet - I'll not worry about a few naughty words. Most people soon work out it is impossible to get a serious answer in 'just talk' and usually get pointed towards another sub-forum.