Google Keeps Coming Back

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I have just started getting a strange problem which is when I select a web site on Google and am searching on it the PC suddenly goes back to the Google screen this has been happening a quite a lot lately any advice appreciated.I am using Window's 7

2. bigfranky145

bigfranky145 Member

The web page you are on automatically jumps back to the google home page?

It's a strange one can't say I've ever come across. There's no way your accidently leaning on the keyboard at all?

3. Creek

Creek Member

4. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

You could try using a different browser and still set google as your home page. Firefox for example - there was an issue with Google chrome jumping but was supposed to have been fixed.

5. Jasson Dominic

Jasson Dominic New Member

it happened to me (could be a different case) but it was due to malware ads I accidently downloaded its was due to that. I backed up my data from other drives (not C:/) and reinstalled my window. I would suggest you to wait before reinstalling because after some time my browser started opening ads as my homepage, if this doesn't happen in your case then you might have a different problem. I would also suggest trying a spare keyboard if you have one or disconnecting the keyboard and try the onboard keyboard. might be the backspace