Google listings advice

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by noconduit, Feb 4, 2010.

1. noconduit

noconduit New Member

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01619242190

I'm getting a lot of calls from people offering web sites & 1st page google listings etc. etc.
    I found the above thread very informative so thought I'd post it incase anyone else is being baffled by * as I have been.

[Edited by: admin]

2. Spark&Plumb

Spark&Plumb Member

We get people calling us almost every other day offering internet advertising, generally Google.

I am sick of it.

We are next to the map on google for our business so it is of no interest to me.
    Tell them that you we don't have any advertising budget at the moment and learn to get rid of them quickly.

3. jackts

jackts New Member

Do not, under any circumstances use Yell.com.

4. noconduit

noconduit New Member

Yell....
    Oops.
    They are rubbish as I've found to my cost.

While we're on the subject can anyone recommend anywhere for web design & hosting?

I need more work.

5. jackts

jackts New Member

Me...

6. wally2

wally2 New Member

I need more work.
    Don't we all, or am I in the minority, had a full work sheet for 32 years & most of that time ive been booked 6 to 12 months in advance. Now its down to 1 or possibly 2 weeks. I think that tells me the state of the country. I took my 2x3 add out of yellow pages & went over to yell com, worst move ive made.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I use Google Adwords and it has bought in work that I wouldn't have got otherwise. I set it up myself but I had to get an expert in to tweak it so that it worked properly.