Govie babes.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 9, 2017.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

What Harry said, was he was lucky to be born without physical or mental deformity, and lucky to be born in Britain.
    Do you not accept that somebody born in this country probably has better life chances than if they were born in, say, Somalia?

2. Undoubtedly.

Been trying to get that through to you right wingers for ages.

It is PURE LUCK.

Do you think by being born in Britain it makes you better because of your luck?

3. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

No, just lucky, although the Euromillions continues to evade my grasp.

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Completely unconnected.

Why would you use an unconnected scenario to try to prove a point that you are more tuned in than the rest of us?

You didn't mention 'borders'.

And because, as we have seen recently, Brexit or Bremain doesn't necessarily mean borders.

So don't come that tosh with me.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. Mr. Handyandy

Got nothing to do with luck. Your parents, forefathers etc chose where to live, where to have children etc.

It wasn't luck that I was born here. My mother and father lived here. Their parents lived here etc. All by choice.

The luck comes about because we are British(we won the war). We might have otherwise been born here but under German rule. Even then, not really luck. The British fought to be British under British rule(slightly similar to voting Brexitism)

Think on, you multinational stereotype bargainers.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. Words fail me.

The person suggested by filly chose to be born in Somalia, just as you chose to be born in Brirain?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Yes, but someone whose parents lived in Somalia, or Aden aren't as lucky as you are they?, My forefathers heralded from Ireland, luckily for me, they got fed up with coming back from the pub and forgetting where they'd planted the potatoes, so they moved to England. Luck of the Irish I reckon.

Deleted member 33931 and btiw2 like this.
  8. Mr. Handyandy

I didn't choose it Twit. My parents chose it, as did...oh forget it.

Like talking to a drunken pikey.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

9. You didnt choose it?

Oh it must have been luck then? Understand ?

10. Mr. Handyandy

I think maybe that the English language is getting confused here. I think that 'fortunate' is a better word to use than 'lucky'.

In which case, I have been fortunate to have been born in a fairly civilised country.(Even so, the country being fairly civilised should not be put down to luck)

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

11. Mr. Handyandy

No. It wasn't luck.

That's like saying if you turn a coin over, there's a head on the other side. That's not luck. It was there all along.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. Its not th Enlish language getting confused.

It is you.

Yes you are lucky to be born in Britain. But that doesnt make you better than somebody born elsewhere. It is you that makes you better or worse than other people.

13. Give up ?

14. Mr. Handyandy

No. I was not lucky. It was planned. It was an inevitability. It had to happen because my parents produced me here.
    Inevitable. That is not luck.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

15. Seriously, give up.

Even filly tried to explain it to you too.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Does the cilice you wear feel good, JoT?
    Repent.
    Repent.

btiw2 likes this.
  17. Mr. Handyandy

I don't need it explaining, you do.

Luck is chance. It wasn't luck that I was born here. There is no luck in it. The circumstances made it inevitable.
    If it's inevitable, it CANNOT be luck.

Go back to school(obviously not Grammar)

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I personally know at least one person with the extra chromosome and a BA.

btiw2 likes this.
  19. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

The word 'fortunate' could also apply.

What, even Germans?

20. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Really? Someone with Down syndrome with a degree? I kinda want to ask “what in?”, but feel that the reply might cheapen it - which isn’t my intention.

We’re all born with limitations (one of mine is laziness) and it’s a lesson to us wastrels when people overcome incredible challenges when we don’t. The problem is that it’s not a nice lesson. It’s much easier to tear them down than build ourselves. Okay, back to plan A.

So what what was the BA in? I bet it wasn’t a proper subject! No. Hang on. That’s not the reply when people with less opportunity achieve more than me. I know! Yeah, but I bet he doesn’t have common sense!