Graco Pro 210Es sprayer vs. Graco 490

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by bradleyheathhays, Aug 2, 2018.

1. bradleyheathhays

bradleyheathhays New Member

I'm brand new to commercial painting and weighing what sprayer to invest in. I've already bought the 210ES (still in the box) but someone recently suggested upgrading to the 490 w/ digital readout. I def like the idea of a digital readout...would certainly help a new guy like me with reproducing consistency, as I really don't have a 'feel' for things yet.

But does this Graco 490 sprayer otherwise justify the extra $500 over the 210ES? What other options does the 490 have over the 210?

Also, what other sprayer would you suggest that might be less expensive than the 490 but still has a digital readout?

2. Wayners

Wayners Well-Known Member

You need to get on a forum that covers this topic (spray and painting) Some good vendors and trades that will help you out

3. bradleyheathhays

OK thanks. Thought this was a forum for paint topics but I must have missed something.

4. Wayners

Pps forum is where you need to go

5. bradleyheathhays

What is the Pps forum? Did a search but nothing seemed relevant.

6. Wayners

I sent you a link a few weeks ago. Go to you inbox

7. bradleyheathhays

Oh that's right I forgot where this was. I tried to join but they have somewhat of a rigorous process for making sure you're not a spammer. They've ask you to provide some kind of documentation to prove you're a painter and I didn't have anything they were asking for. This was all hashed out through an email with one of their administrators. Best I could come up with was a large materials order form I had just made with Lowes so I emailed them that. They received it, responded but never granted me access to the board.

8. Wayners

Really. OK.. I'm a bar member now and well involved. I just joined and posted in the introduction section and that was it 2 years ago. We do get lots of new members that join, get what they want then disappear.

9. bradleyheathhays

I guess everybody has their different uses for a board. Being that my learning curve is so steep right now I'd imagine I'll need all the resource I can get for quite some time. Hopefully I'll eventually develop into a productive contributor.