Gravel Boards

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by jollyjester, May 2, 2004.

1. jollyjester

jollyjester New Member

Could anyone help?
    I have just had a fence put up and the gravel boards are about 2" off the ground.
    I thought the point of the boards were as get as stopping the bottom of the fence from rotting. But to act as a bit of a retainer to the soil underneath.

Hence at the moment any soil movement goes straight through to next door. The garden is on a slight slope should this make any difference?

2. Thermo

Thermo New Member

thats what they are there for. it may be that they should have put a double board up and half buried one to do the job properly. In short get them back!

3. jollyjester

jollyjester New Member

Thanks for that will be on the phone first thing Tuesday morning!

4. Thermo

Thermo New Member

if you dont mind me asking how much did they charge and what sort of job did they do?

5. jollyjester

jollyjester New Member

I' m pleased with the look of the fence, and it is straight!!!
    But having the gravel boards off the ground just makes it look unfinished.And when we finally get around to returfing it will lie under the board instead of butting up to it.
    Total cost for 6 panels,gravel boards and 7 posts about £500.

6. nigel

nigel Guest

My daughter had 24 X 6' panels with posts and gravel board [concrete] plus 2 gates and a few low panels for £1700.