Gripfill/Pinkgrip

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by ukwoody, Mar 1, 2004.

1. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Hi all, following on from a comment made in the painters forum. What is the diffrence between Gripfill and Pinkgrip. I swear by Gripfill, but have wondered ifPinkgrip is as good. Is it a solvent based or pva based one?

Woody

2. foxy

foxy New Member

It is solvent based and there's nowt between them. They both have nozzles that fall off!!!

3. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

I notice Pinkgrip is cheaper?

Woody

4. WOLF

WOLF New Member

hi again guys, pink grip has a very minimal SLUMP, and in most cases will not need temporary support for things like dado rails/picture rails etc....

5. woodsmith

woodsmith New Member

I think pink grip is more "sticky" I have been using it for the last couple of weeks and I definately prefere it to Gripfill.

6. Smiffy

Smiffy New Member

What about the "Instant Nails" in Screwfix? I've often wondered what the difference is (apart from the price!). Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Cheers, Gary

7. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Instant nails, No More Nails etc. are all a synthetic non solvent based adhesive. Most are ok for "light" use, but they do not have the "grab" or strength that you get from Gripfill etc. The are good for small dado rails, panel fixing, some joints and cross between gluing and gap filling. Plus theres no smell with them.

Woody