Ground Source Heating for new outbuilding - impractical?

Discussion in 'Eco Talk' started by BikerChris, Jan 14, 2019.

1. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Hi all,

This might be a stupid thought, but bear with me.

I've looked into ground source heating for a new Outbuilding that will be used as an office and tool shed, problem is that most online stuff related to houses (2 storey+). Is there any system that would work with an approx. floor area of 23-28 sq. m. single storey building with flat roof? No hot water needs, just heating. So far the U Value is going to be around 0.15-0.30 W/m2·K, when the cost calcs are done, it might end up different, as usual :-/

Probably pie in the sky stuff, but just thought I would ask cos I can't find anything on the internet about small projects.

Cheers!

Chris

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

For a small installation try an air source heat pump, it will give cooling in the summer also.

BikerChris likes this.
  3. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Thank you Bob, I'll look into that, cheers!

4. My Home Farm

My Home Farm Member

Did you go for the ASHP in the end?

5. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

No, I looked into how well insulated the building would be and it wasn't worth doing (low heat loss).

It's not built yet, but will be soon...wow, he says 3 months short of 2 years later! Well, I've been busy! :)

My Home Farm likes this.