Grout Sealant

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Barra79, Sep 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Barra79

Barra79 New Member

Hi,

My dad tiled my kitchen recently. However, he hasn't applied any sealant to the grout and oil from the cooker is causing the grey grout to stain in little spots. What sealant sold by screwfix would you recommend I use to stop this from happening. Also, how do I apply this sealant.

Thank you,
    Barry

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I've used this grout sealant several times in showers/bathrooms and seems to have worked well, have reapplied a couple of times over the years

You get a pipette in the box and possibly a brush, cant remember but I just use a fine paint brush and paint onto the grout - 2 coats
    Last tiles I treated are white and the sealer shows up a very pale yellow on the white tile when applying but this wipes off with a damp cloth and leaves no stain - but these are glazed tiles - I've not used on non glazed tiles - Disclaimer !

My white tiles are 100mm square so loads of grout lines so I wasn't too meticulous when applying to grout and didn't over worry about about brushing over tile face as this can be wiped off (glazed tiles again)

No idea if sold by SF

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HG-Super-P...locphy=1007091&hvtargid=pla-691477366547&th=1