grouting same day after tiling

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by starlight tiles, May 7, 2009.

1. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

noticed quite a few of the lads doing this now,is this copmmon practice these days

2. imran_

imran_ New Member

If you're using the right addy yes

3. I noticed it a lot with council work but that was just to get the job done and on to the next, no standards. I personally dont like doing it.

4. tic tic

tic tic New Member

with imran long as ur using correct addy...spf..rapid set..

5. GKU

GKU New Member

Yeah , rapidset goes off in a couple of hours , no problems wiv dat ;)

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Nothing wrong with using rapid set and grouting the same day.Imagine you had a few cuts to do in the morning,what would you want to do come back the next day

Instead of letting them dry out have clean up get everything ready for grouting

sensible time management to maxmize time hence the profit.unless of course you work on day rates and then you are trying to stretch it out where ever you can.

7. jolly bodger

jolly bodger New Member

As above, use a decent rapid set and it's not a problem - only had a little section of boxing in left to tile and needed to grout today.

Can't afford to mess about, especially on this job - re-furbing a bathroom for an old biddy - tiling 95% complete but got a complaint when I went in this morning...

"I'm not happy with all these gaps you've left between the tiles"

(sigh!) "That'll be where the grout goes madam..."

"and when are you painting the walls?"

"Ah yes..." (they were stripped of their floral wallpaper last Thursday, washed down and prepped then changed colour on the Friday with a can of paint she herself gave me!!!)

Can't wait to finish this one, every time she totters up and opens her mouth she does my head in!!! :)

8. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

We all get them lol, and we will all be like that 1 day, i wont unless i give up smoking tommorow.