Grouting up to glass splashback

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Guru86, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Guru86

Guru86 New Member

Good evening

Going to fit a new glass splashback this weekend and then fit new tiles. I am concerned that if I run tiles up to the splashback (with 2 or 3mm gap) how do I seal around it. Can I use grout? Will it come off the glass?

Or is there a better way to seal around it?

Thank you

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

Silicone would be best.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  3. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting a splashback behind a sink and then tiles on the same wall to the left, right and above?

If so, silicone along the bottom edge, but where the tiles are, use grout. A sheet of glass is no different to a mirror and I would fully grout, making sure you pack it right in and any small pockets will be visible along the edge.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

In answer to your question, grout should come off the glass without too much trouble.

5. Guru86

Guru86 New Member

Sorry should of said it's a splashback behind oven with tiles on left and right.

6. greenback78

greenback78 Member

Grouting to the splash black looks fine in my kitchen. Silicone at the bottom and at the sides where it hurts up to the cupboards.

7. Guru86

Guru86 New Member

Thanks I have put it up and seems to be holding with the self adhesive backing. However now it's up my walls weren't clearly flat as bows in a bit. I have squirted a load of silicone behind to help it stick.

I guess I can level out the tiles with tile adhesive so I can hide the gap and flatten the tiles out as I go along?