Grundfos TF110 blowing fuse

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Knowsome, Nov 2, 2018.

1. dobbie

dobbie Well-Known Member

Is the system gravity hot water and pumped central heating?

2. Knowsome

Knowsome Member

Don't know. Why?

3. Knowsome

Knowsome Member

I found that the resistance of the pump was 200 k ohms L to N where I was expected 200-250 ohms. And the pump blew the fuse. I bought an Alpha 2L and the system works fine now, although it took a long time to clear itself of airlocks. The Alpha 2L has a clever plug to connect it but which only takes solid core no flexes so I had to replace the flex lead. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this forum thread.

4. terrymac

terrymac Well-Known Member

Cheers for letting us know , glad your sorted.

5. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

Are you sure? Mine is certainly connected with multistrand flex. You insert it into the hole then push the "button" down to lock it in.

Knowsome likes this.
  6. Knowsome

Knowsome Member

It seems I have missed something. There were illustrations but I didn't notice any "buttons". Thanks for that info!

7. Pollowick

Button may be the wrong word but cannot think of an alternate. They are just maybe 2mm diameter and push down to grip the multistrand - unless there is a newer version.

8. Knowsome

Knowsome Member

Thanks Pollowick at present the pressure from the cable retension is holding the wiring in place as all I did was push the casble in. Be over to the house tomorrow to check it out.

9. Pollowick

Point 4, shows them being screwed in, although I am sure others have a different type of final fix.

Alpha2L_connection.JPG