GU10 LED colours

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by robertpstubbs, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:38 PM.

1. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

I have some outdoor GU10 spots where I want a gentle light. I have tried white LEDs which are harsh and yellow LEDs which are dull. Does anywhere sell anything in between?

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

What are the colour temperatures of those you have tried?

2500, 2700, 3000, 3500, 4000, 5000, 6000

3. rogerk101

rogerk101 Well-Known Member

I have tried more GU10 LEDs than I care to remember and the only ones that I find really good are warm white Philips 10W dimmables.

4. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

I can’t find the temps but I think the whites are around 3000-4000K.

Where do you get 2500Ks?

5. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

6. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

The Sunset dimmables look interesting.

I haven't used dimmers recently. Would the dimmer be additional to the 2-way and intermediate switching:
    dimmer.jpg

7. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

Or can the dimmer replace one of the 2-way switches?

8. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Member

I’m lighting outdoor paths etc, mainly from wall mounted lights.

I chose GU10s partly because of the wide range of lamp colours/wattages/angles available, but haven’t found the right ones yet.

Also I thought that GU10 spots would allow me to point the light exactly where I want it, but have found that this often directs it in one’s eyes.

The GU10s are connected into the load part of lighting circuits via Wiskas, so could easily be replaced with alternative types if necessary.

9. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Yes, one of them, unless you go for a special type that allows multiple dimmers.