gyproc coving

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Wayne K, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Wayne K

Wayne K New Member

I've got some to put up, it's been a while since I did this, what's the best stuff on the market these days. I see there is coving adhesive in a cartridge, but it's solvent free & everything I have used that has been solvent free is ****. Hows about gripfill, I've never used before would it be suitable, I see pinkgrip is not paintable so thats no good, what about gripfill is it paintable?

2. you can get ready-mixed coving adhesive in large tubs...I wouldn't use gripfill on plaster coving, plus it will cost alot more

3. Wayne K

Wayne K New Member

I would rather have somthing in a tube, it's a lot faster & with my skill with a trowel not so messy.

4. Limey Lurker

Limey Lurker New Member

Gyproc coving adhesive. I've tried lots of other methods but always come back to this stuff.

5. jasonb

jasonb New Member

I also prefer the gyproc powdered adhesive, the readymixed ones take a lot longer to go off and just don't seem to have the grab.

You could always apply it with a refillable grout/mortar gun.

Jason

6. saxplanc

saxplanc New Member

Hi Wayne, I lick both edges with Gyproc ready mix, hold one end up with a pole and tack it up with a cheapo electric nailer ( 25mm ). The brads hold it while it sets.

7. nearnwales

nearnwales Member

dry line adhsive is the best stuf for the job