h.i.p.s

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by fitero, Sep 8, 2009.

1. fitero

fitero New Member

Just been reading an article about training to become a C & G registered domestic energy assessor.It all sounds very plausible and lucrative,the course costs about £1200 and lasts for three days.Any thoughts or experience.Maybe something for down the road aways when thoughts turn to ways of earning a living with less effort[always in the back of my mind].

2. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

every tom, dick and harry has been on such a course. now nobody is moving so no income is generated. even when the market picks up it will be swamped with assessors.

3. Absolutely true...the only people making money out of this are the government and the greedy lieing training providers.
    there are assessors who have spent thousands to train with the promise of earning mega riches and are now scratching around in a price war with other assessors for the odd job that is worth less than £50 a pop, for travelling to a dwelling doing the survey, completing the assement procedure at home and processing the cert.
    If you are that desperate I suggest you amputate a limb and go begging outside of a Netto supermarket as the returns will be three fold on those of an energy assessor, then you can spend that idle rainy day stash on prostitutes and ecstasy.

4. ­

­ New Member

What a great idea, become a C & G registered domestic energy assessor. Why has nobody else ever thought of that?

5. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

3 days of training - about shows the worth of the reports!

6. Maurice Gogg

Maurice Gogg New Member

I imagine the training must be very intense though.

7. Mr GrimNasty

I'd imagine they have trouble filling the gaps between the coffee breaks personally!

8. fitero

fitero New Member

Well,what can i say.You people obviously know much more about this than i do,wow,i am impressed with your knowledge.I asked for info'and i certainly got it,ta everso,keep my money in the wifes purse then.

9. Mr GrimNasty

I just misread 'money' and 'purse' as 'c**k' and 'ar**' - what am I like?

10. fitero

fitero New Member

****!

11. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

i'm surprised you were not aware of the issues already, considering the current economic climate, fitero.

why do you think these trainers are pushing the courses? they are desperate to save their own businesses, but will not tell you what the real world is really like. it dont take much to realise nobody wants these services at the moment, and those who have had them conducted will have opted for the free of charge ones that some estate agents offer!

12. fitero

fitero New Member

Yes i had heard of them,of course,after all i am a chippie,just had not really thought about them to any degree.The article i read was not for or against but just spelled out what they do and the costs,but judging by the learned comments,this debate has been going on for some time and i have obviously been working too hard to notice,poor me,back to bl**dy work!.

13. mantor

mantor New Member

I just misread 'money' and 'purse' as 'c**k' and 'ar**' - what am I like?

I'm as bad as you, I misread 'wifes' as 'dogs'.

14. fitero

fitero New Member

Just another thought.Any of the tom,dick and harry who have done this course got anything to say?.Now that would be interesting.

15. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

fitero, hopefully we have saved you wasting your well earned money. for once we all talk in harmony

16. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

becareful with that last question. any fool (sorry!) who has spent his/her money on such a course is very likely to say they are pulled out with work

i know people who got the qualification a couple of years ago. you can count on one hand how much work they get between themselves.

17. fitero

fitero New Member

To be honest ponty i was actually thinking of persuing this at some point or at least getting as much info' together as poss' thank god for england,harry and screwfix!!!!

18. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

and good old SCOTLAND

watch the market, times will change, demand will change. you could take the qualification now whilst times are hard, (but to qualify I think part of the course involves actual hands on, on a legitimate property - so you dont just do a college course type of thing). Then when times pick up, you will be qualified and raring to go. but how many competitors will be in the same position? only time will tell.

19. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

and good old SCOTLAND

watch the market, times will change, demand will change. you could take the qualification now whilst times are hard, (but to qualify I think part of the course involves actual hands on, on a legitimate property - so you dont just do a college course type of thing). Then when times pick up, you will be qualified and raring to go. but how many competitors will be in the same position? only time will tell.

20. fitero

fitero New Member

Ponty,i am always looking at the long term,i try to keep an open mind but also listen to those with more experiance than me,hence the interest in somthing i am very qualified to do,as,ithink are most professional members of the construction family.