Hack for using Ryobi One+ batteries in a 36v Lawnmower

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Mkol, Apr 17, 2019 at 1:51 PM.

1. Mkol

Mkol New Member

Hi guys this is a bit of a long shot but wondered if anyone had ideas on a workaround for someting that is frustrating me:

last year i came into possession of a Ryobi 36v lawn mower with 2 x batteries. unfortunately both batteries are more or less dead and arent holding charge or delivering power etc.

Ive been using Ryobi One+ stuff for years and have several good 5amp 18v batteries. my question is does anyone know a method of using the 18v batts in the mower, i would obviously need two of them at a time but how to actually make the connection etc?

is there an aftermarket adaptor for this kind of thing or could i do a bit of a hack job and strap two batteries together and just make a physical connection from the batteries to the terminals in the mower somehow?

like i say probably a long shot but i cant be the only one who has come up against this... the replacement 36v batteries are the same cost as a new mower so just doesnt make sense to buy a new one.

cheers guys.

2. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Just connect 2 batteries in series, don't know what the amp/hour rating of the batteries are or the current drawn by the mower but worth a try.