hair protection

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Inge Jones, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Inge Jones

Inge Jones New Member

Not sure which the best section would be to post this in, but when I am doing stuff that involves making and sweeping up dust it all goes in my hair. I did buy some of those disposable mob caps for nurses but the dust goes right through them. I don't really want to wear a plastic shower cap in this weather. Has anyone found a type of light cap (I am female and have long hair) that actually keeps out most of the dust during messy jobs?

2. Bcountry

Bcountry New Member

Tray a sainsburys bag

3. Bcountry

Bcountry New Member

4. wizard

wizard Guest

Inge, being as you’re a lady an all, how about using an old head scarf.
    You may also find it helpful to wet down the area before sweeping up.
    A plant spray filled with water?
    Is this dust related to your other post re levelling the floor?
    Wizard

5. Inge Jones

Inge Jones New Member

Yes lol! Headscarves don't stay on when you're moving about or bending over and I have really slippery hair. It's weird I have dust masks in varying strengths, goggles, you name it, but I can't find anywhere selling similar protection for the hair. I am now trying to source normal shower caps - I would rather have the perspiration than the dust - but everywhere I look there are stupid flowers or lace stuck all over them :(

6. !!

!! Active Member

get one of those throw away boiler suits with the hoods on that way you can protect your hair, fake tan and go to a 90's rave straight from work

7. Inge Jones

Inge Jones New Member

ROFL!! I am a bit old for raves. Actually I feel a bit old for all this DIY too I think this house is the last house I will buy that needs stuff doing!

8. Max 1

Max 1 New Member

Are you having a laugh ! :)
    This is a forum for the working trade.

9. jonah.

jonah. New Member

1 - where does it say this forum is for trade only
    2 - how do you know for certain this lady is not trade

jonah

10. plastic bertrand

plastic bertrand Active Member

Try one of them Buff head thingies, http://www.buffwear.co.uk or you could always put up with the dust and when you get home wash your hair with shampers formulated by Laboratoire Garnier :), before you do the ironing of course.

11. nerostjames

nerostjames New Member

Why not become a slap head, then a quick buff up with pledge and hey presto !!!

12. Bcountry

Bcountry New Member

Suspect she doesnt want the hassle from the lezzas

13. !!

!! Active Member

Make me a nice sandwich and I'll do whatever you want ;)

14. STGO

STGO New Member

i shave all my hair off, head and pubic, no probs then ;)

15. STGO

STGO New Member

pubics, fuck off screwfix

16. Telmay

Telmay New Member

how about one of those suits the coppers put you in when they take all your clothes off you when your a suspect for something, they have hoods, ............ I think a friend told me all about them, have not seen them myself and would not normally know of such things

17. ­

­ New Member

There were some nice hats at Ascot this week, they would keep a lot of the dust off.

18. gint

gint Member

pubics, fuck off screwfix

now now tony

19. STGO

STGO New Member

i know, i do get emotional sometimes, my therapist said i would grow out of it when i get older

20. gint

gint Member

its sunday you should be chilling out and getting ready for a few scoops