Hairline vertical crack above door

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by WDWGunner25, Jan 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. WDWGunner25

WDWGunner25 Member

Hi all,

I don’t know how long they have been there for but I have recently noticed hairline cracks (vertical) going from the top of our bedroom door frame towards the ceiling. There is one of each side of the door perfectly opposite each other.

We did have new doors put in over the summer so wondering if the movement of the frame may have caused the plaster to crack slightly. Or even it might be from the odd moody slam of the door causing vibrations. We only moved in less than a year ago and the house is about 40 years old.

To be honest I’m just looking for reassurance it doesn’t look like something large to worry about, I’ve attached a couple of pics. As I say assuming it’s just caused by movement of door shutting a lot.

cheers all and Happy New Year

Attached Files:

2. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

If the house is 40 years old it's more than likely the walls are plaster board based so I'm guessing it's nothing more than where plaster boards meet and a bit of filling will cure it. Stop worrying...;)

Astramax likes this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Slamming doors won't help on bit! :rolleyes:

gadget man likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

5. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Very minor and entirely decorative