Hall and landing lights not working as they should

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Tricky631, Oct 12, 2018.

1. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Tricky 631 ,i am convinced that terminal block is where your problem lies. The grey in terminal 2 should go in the terminal where the other grey is ,and that one should come out and go into terminal 2. That would explain why your landing lights only work when hall are switched on.

2. Tricky631

Tricky631 New Member

Ok, I'll give that a try when I'm home from work tomorrow evening and post the results afterwards.

terrymac likes this.
  3. Tricky631

Tricky631 New Member

Sorry I didn't get time to get back yesterday I was on cat flap fitting duties!

Tonight I've swapped the two grey wires over at the junction box in the hall. This results in the landing lights and the hall lights operating on the same switch from the hall light side of both the landing and the hall switches (i.e. switch the hall light on and both the hall and landing lights illuminate), with the landing light can be switched off from the landing light side of both switches but if the hall light side of the switch is off then the landing light can not be turned on at all.

I'm not sure if this is better! Or if this gives you guys any more ideas that could help me out?

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

If your answer is no ,then you will need an electrician to sort this out .