Halogen floodlights

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by seneca2, Apr 30, 2010.

1. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

On a recent re-wire I fitted two flood lights, the customer refused pir control as she'd had problems with them in the past. Under the part L regs I thought manual control was ok if a max of 150 watts lamps were used but on reading again it seems that even then they need auto control to make sure they don't come on in daylight.
    The alternative is to use energy saving lamps in them,(no auto control required) but in this case the fittings are supposed to be made such that only energy saving lamps can be installed so technically just fitting the energy saving lamps won't do.
    I am using this as one of my yearly assessment jobs so I need to make some sort of effort! Any comments welcome.

2. wally2

wally2 New Member

I see your point sen. Not ideal but you could put a photocell in line, at least if they tried to put them on during the day they would not work. It also avoids putting in a solar dial timer to make allowances for winter summer. Its not ideal though but at least some of its use can be prevented.

3. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

its a rewire so who gives a F about part ***

cheers

4. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Active Member

5. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Active Member

I read through it the other day (cant be bothered to read through it again at this late hour), but I seem to recall someone saying that the inspector is mainly concerned with the work complying with 7671 and may likely forgive any small contraventions of buildregs..

Spose it depends on how jobsworthy the inspector is feeling - get an afternoon appt mate!

I reck if you whack some energy efficient lamps in there prior then you will be forgiven...

6. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

Thanks barbaricduck, that's what i'll do,(and the appointment is at 13.30!)

7. seemless

seemless New Member

Like who gives a *?

Inspector asking questions like this is highly unlikely.

[Edited by: admin]