Hands up if you have voted?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by goldenboy, May 23, 2019.

1. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

If it's another scapegoat who can always blame the current one Boris but some how I suspect he wont get it and may well realise that.

John
    -

2. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

Some body mentioned that the common market is a good idea. There are others

Simple summary

Australia is a member of the APEC, G20, OECD and WTO. The country has also entered into free trade agreements with ASEAN, Canada, Chile, China, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Peru, Japan, Singapore, Thailand and the United States

Bit more wordy and what ASEAN is about
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Southeast_Asian_Nations

Sounds similar to EU doesn't it. Eventual aims too.

Maybe we join that out of the EU. They have mentioned something about the Commonwealth but the more active areas in that seem to be already tied up. They most definitely have mention the East. India is in some other group that includes Russia or at least organising trade deals with them.

John
    -

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

But you are happy to imply that I would have been happy for Germany to have won WW2 and that I would have been a conchy despite the fact I joined the army at 16 but if I imply that you are as thick as mince gained from reading your moronic posts you call it abuse and I'm the snowflake?
    How was your military service JJ?

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

JJ was in the Falklands you know Chip.

He served alongside Grant Mitchell.

gadget man likes this.
  5. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

The Beeb at it as they sometimes are - **** reporting. Brexit party victory blah blah and some silly analysis. The contra arguments scarcely mentioned.

C4 - Brexit party yes it won but in practice a lot more people voted for something other than what Farage wants. 9m against 6m in other words no deal isn't on.

Tory spiel - must deliver brexit, not doing what the people want is the problem - in other words get out. Those they interviewed anyway.

Labour - Corben still hedging but saying there will be a referendum once a deal has been agreed but under pressure to go remain - according to the ones the interviewed.

Liberal and Greens - we're back and etc.

John
    -

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Ross Kemp might just have been old enough, he's 2 years younger than me and I think I was 21.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Bollerks has been very quiet since he worked out that the leavers got less percentage of the vote than the remainers.
    He hasn't explained his nationality either.

8. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Of course they did because 100% of leaver conservatives and labour voters jumped ship to TBP so everyone else that voted CON/LAB had to be a remainer, its the only thing thats possible right.

What is absolutely impossible is all the remainers from those two parties jumped ship to the Lib Dems with only the leavers left to vote for them, no that's just not possible at all.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Explicitly leave parties got less of a proportion of the vote than explicitly remain parties, it's not hard to work out.
    Bollerks, much like Farage, disappears when the going gets hard.

10. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

FB_IMG_1558991305328.jpg

Now I know this wasn't the full votes, NI not on it, but do you think remain pulled that many extra votes to be the stronger side.?

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Explicitly leave, take out Labour and Cons who you have as leave and what do you have?

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  12. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

You can't pick and choose the leave vote, though for 3 years you've had a good go at it.

Leave means Leave.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Most labour voters are remainers but you have it as leave, tories are what?

14. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I think it is fair comment to say that this EU election was seen as less important to the Leave supporters due to the 2016 vote result.

In other words, this was the perfect opportunity for the previous 48% Remain side to show themselves and devastate the results with an overwhelming Remain vote.
    After all, - many Remainers did repeatedly say they wanted another EU vote, plus they said the support for Brexit was fading.
    So where were those Remainers when we had what is realistically a low overall turnout of 37% ???
    I thought there was supposed to be a new majority for Remain?
    I also thought the Remain side claimed to be more educated?
    Surely if they are a majority and were clever, they would have managed to vote?
    Chance is over, Nigel and other Brexit parties got a good result

15. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

You can’t know that.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Yes I can and it makes more sense than the supposition you came up with, talk about clinging to straws.

17. Diyloser

Diyloser Active Member

This is irony of Remain, twice now it's gone the other way and yet you still think you've won. :):)

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Whats gone the other way?

19. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

You must admit though, the Remain side clearly did not all vote, or have actually given up on remaining.
    If large numbers of Remainers have failed to vote, it clearly proves those people to be not very clever.
    They haven’t even grasped at the straws of democracy

20. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

The Tories are split. Latest spouting from their ERG on TV is must have free market access - or said rather quietly a very low tariff on our goods. Trouble with either is that a number of countries want to remain in the EU. If they allow out and completely free access to the market that encourages nationalists in other EU countries and might just result in them gaining more votes. However a far higher proportion of other EU countries people know which side their bread has the butter on.

All that can be said about the recent vote is that more people do not want what Farage wants. There is even a split on that within the Tory party but may well not be in the people who voted for them - not many of those at all.

Labour have always been clear on one aspect - not just exiting without a deal and a possibility of a referendum on any deal. They have always pushed free access and workers rights. Also mentioning remaining in the customs union as free access is bound to need that. I suspect that means a Denmark type deal - neither in or out and less money going to the EU but zero coming back, Seems Denmark have numerous exceptions to EU rules. That area isn't currently as Farage would have people believe anyway. Don't some wonder why all the country leaders meet up from time to time? Must be to have a good drink and party.

Corbyn is coming under pressure to go remain. I don't think we will really know what they think a solution is until there is an election. Politicians make noises for all sorts of reasons and they often aren't obvious. The party aim is as above though.

Liberal and Greens - simple, remain in. Liberals also hope to force an election to prevent no deal when the current extension has ended.

If there is an election Farage is going to form a party. It's bound to be Trump like - entirely popularist. Can't see how he could realistically use UK 1st but he might mention cleaning out the cesspit which may well mean putting worse in. He has enormous experience of using the media and obtaining help in that area from others.

John
    =