Hands up if you have voted?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by goldenboy, May 23, 2019.

1. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

They may as well publish a recruiting poster with the slogan "Only snowflakes with pink handbags need apply".

Am I more concerned about a soldier shooting a terrorist dead instantly ? Or one with religious convictions that might make him hesitate? That would worry me much more than a squaddy showing natural squaddy instincts. Want to be a social worker? Then join social services.

Is there an “extreme left-Wing” equivalent? It might contain such items as unquestioning support for the IRA, acceptance of excuses by a foreign power involved in an attack on British soil and exhibiting tacit support for people involved in anti-semitism................

Heat likes this.
  2. Broon

Broon Active Member

As I said they would of had forecast done and choose the one that predicted the worst as long as they can show those forecast I doubt anything can happen. As I also said it does depend on how they worded it.

You may be right tho and we might see several cases with politicians who have lied.

To be honest I feel Farage should be there more than Borris but I doubt anything will come of it. Although it is just in time to hurt his Tory leadership campaign.

3. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

He was on about once we are out not the vote. Food from the EU with the usual style of boarder control would be a touch tricky in some cases. :) One aspect of that is not currently having enough people to do it. Can we feed ourselves - short answer no.

Unemployment down - fact, some one doesn't have to do much work to be off the lists. It's also a survey and quoted as a % based on a limited number of household. The definition of unemployed is rather torturous as well.

Anyway if you think it's down take a look at this - this one shows how many people are claiming unemployment benefits and may well not include people on job seekers allowance

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentan...inwork/outofworkbenefits/timeseries/bcjd/unem

Why does it probably not include JSA - that different.

And here's another one - people who aren't earning a living. That will include people on early retirement.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentan...inwork/economicinactivity/timeseries/lf2m/lms

Boris and court. There are 2 aspects, what was on the bus and another. Suggest you go find out what the other was and why. If you had done that sort of thing in the past you might just have a different opinion than you now have. News doesn't really help as many of them have fact check type web pages so don't explain anything really during the news but even those aren't enough really.

John
    -

4. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Looks like our Mr Anti-Brexit Marcus 'Golden' Balls is merely a petty scammer who has learned nothing from his prestigious uni degree other than to be able to part other idiots with their money - Oh Dear!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-Boris-Johnson-spent-50-000-donations.html

An excellent expose' which although no doubt 'spun' for public consumption, actually reveals some dark facts about our Boris Hater.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...an-took-24-000-fighting-fund-pay-himself.html

So much for "I'm not doing this for myself and am not taking any money out of it, honest! - I just want to hold MPs to account.............and put your money in mine............."

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

The point is; the British Legal System is adversarial enough as it is. If this route is pursued to the end, then the law will become just for the rich and not the little man.

6. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

My first personal experience of real totally fallacious spin was reported by the Mail group.

John
    -

7. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

It is also in the Telegraph.
    Still doesn't belie the fact that Balls is an out and out charlatan, let alone conman.

Talk about kettle calling pot black.

8. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Difference being, Balls is not in a position of power.
    It’s a bit like politicians having affairs.
    If the politician is prepared to lie to the person they love, why should they be truthful with the general public.

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Thing is, if the nett amount the U.K. gave to the EU in 2016, turns out to be true, then there's no case to answer and Boris will win hands down. However, the court may well take the view that we do get a rebate, etc. But if you look at facts, we did pay the EU £350 million per week in 2016. Only after we paid, were rebates etc, given back to the U.K.

10. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

It sounds like a spot of remainers desperate barrel scraping to me.

+

Baxi Boy likes this.
  11. Broon

Broon Active Member

Well according to what I can find on the internet the gross figure we gave the EU is £19 Billion which works out at £365,384,615.38 a week so Borris was completely right. So should walk the case but leave did mention how they would put it to the NHS which was a lie unless the government in charge do it.

12. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I think 19 Billion may be the gross figure before the rebate. This is the figure that Leave were using which was a bit naughty of them. Depending upon where you look the net figure after rebate may be about 9 billion, still a hefty chunk. I still look forward to watching Boris squirm in the witness box, though I doubt it will come to that.

13. Broon

Broon Active Member

Muzungu yes that was gross I thought I had said that. The site I was on said we got a £5 Billion rebate so you are saying that drops it to £269,230,769.23 so nearly a £100 million weekly drop.

Muzungu likes this.
  14. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Both Darius Guppy and Charles Spencer have reputations of being pretty unpleasant pieces of work, subjective I know but it works for me. I well remember Guppy's clumsy attempt at insurance fraud for example.

I have no time for Johnson, quite apart from the way he has treated his wife and various lovers, his performance in any interview with someone who knows what they are about is dismal, bluster and attempts at humour when he is on the ropes. He is a proven liar in both his personal and processional life.

15. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

I am not sticking up for Boris - I do not trust him one iota over his willingness to deliver a clean Brexit - Boris is for Boris first and foremost, and his role as the new leader if it happens, will not help the Tories at all.
    I am however, concerned about the way the law is being abused as a political instrument, regardless of the nature or character of the target.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  16. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

He was also a member of that famous university dining club that may cause damage etc and compensate the owners via the bank of mom and dad. Some times it's their own money but guess where it usually comes from. The Times sacking him is interesting as they used to be one of the few flat newspapers. Most have political interests and are known to have influenced elections. Blair for instance had an easy ride because Murdoch etc liked him. Many haven't fared so well. Seen as a reason Major won an election after Mrs T. Have the papers changed - I'd say emphatically no, probably worse. TV is now generally more interested in viewing figures and for people like me have no idea what so ever what I want. I've no interest in politicians being asked stupid questions that they wont answer or attempts to get them to say things they shouldn't - I want questions that provide information. Then there all all of the other sources of information that any nut or company can generate.

It's getting harder to obtain fact. I had a nose at the recent increase in pay. Then I noticed that some how or the other they build house prices into it and guess what those have fallen. ;) It's a bit like the cost of living index. Didn't look too good at one point so remove some items and add items that people don't buy so often that were getting cheaper. That's fine as it then looks to be ok but isn't really.

John
    -

17. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

He might be scapegoat number 2.

Also from many posts it seems nobody knows what the court case is actually about. So much for the sources of info used.

John
    -

18. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Most interesting thing about Gove, for me anyway, is that he was given up for adoption when a baby by his unmarried mother. Things could have been a little different for him.

19. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Welcome to the debate. I mentioned this before ( twice at least)

Muzungu likes this.
  20. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

Some may find this interesting. Who did the work for the court of human rights and a number of other factors about the Tories in general. ;) I have been known to vote for them but for some time now I feel it's dubious option. There general attitude to most things that matter to many people is insufficient funding, divide groups to make them easier to manage and bully bully people to try and get more work out of them on the basis that the must be capable of doing more of what ever it is they do as all are skivers - doctors, teachers and etc any one you care to mention. One thing they don't go for is increasing productivity via funding - they seem to think that companies manage to do this at zero total cost - yes maybe by investing and shedding people. More often a mix,

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/will-brexit-break-the-conservatives

John
    -