Hands up if you have voted?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by goldenboy, May 23, 2019.

1. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

You are clearly unable to distinguish between voting and the reasons for voting.

Whether thats deliberate or just ignorance is unclear.

For about the millionth time and in really simple terms.

Voting is good, its required, it is the key part of democracy.

However after the vote why Barry from Bethnal Green voted is meaningless. Barrys actual vote was his contribution.

All the "this isnt what I wanted from Brexit" "I wanted No Deal" "My Brexit had been stolen" etc is laughable ignorance.

candoabitofmoststuff likes this.
  2. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Come on Chippie, all I read off you are insults, You have given lots of positive advice on other sections of the forum, why all the insults just lately, give the leavers some sound reasons as to why they are wrong.

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I said what you voted for is meaningless. As in whatever prompted you to vote.

As in the reason you voted.

As in what in your mind made you mark your ballot.

Not your actual vote. That counts forever. Your reasons as an individual dont though on a national level.

I am not surprised you are confused. It seems even basic arguments are beyond you.

4. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Forum etiquette lessons off you and your track record? Wow!

Like driving lessons off George Michael.

Wham!

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If you think Farage is the answer then you're past reasoning with.

6. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Insults, along with throwing things tend to result when the person on the losing side runs out of valid arguments.
    It is much akin to teddys being thrown in a tantrum when they don't get their own way and is rather quite infantile behaviour.

7. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Isn’t it therefore also irrelevant that those that voted for Remain - what their views and wishes were before and after they voted?

Who really cares if a Remainer wished to remain, or later wants a deal?
    Same rules apply surely.
    They put an X on the vote and now it does not matter

Bollerks likes this.
  8. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

On a lighter note, but none-the-less annoying, I've had my hand up since Thursday? No..... that's your dirty mind!

9. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Agree Heat, the irony of their stance is lost upon them completely.
    They voted, they lost, should have been end-of.
    It is however, refreshing to spot that rare breed of remainer who puts up his hands and says "It didn't go my way but I accept the result gracefully".
    I know it only happens now and then, but it is good to hear the odd voice of sanity occasionally. It warmly refreshes my faith in human nature.

Heat likes this.
  10. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Farage is but a mere vehicle, and the best one we have right now to achieve the principle goal of getting us out. After that, he can do or not do as he pleases as far as I am concerned.

Heat likes this.
  11. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

That is how I view Farage, - as just the spokesperson against the EU and our Westminster system.
    Later he will move onto other things no doubt and likely become Sir Nigel Farage in the future.
    Stranger things have happened.

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Do you mean like someone who holds the view that despite them voting to Remain agrees that in order for democracy to survive that we have to leave?

Would that be the voice of sanity?

Would that refresh your faith in human nature?

Not sure where you could possibly find someone like that.

What would refresh my faith in human nature would be those on the "winning" side accepting that the nation needs to move forward taking everyone with it.

Sadly you seem to fall squarely into the only "winners" have a stakehold camp.

Whilst the arena is still full of bleating Brexiteers crying about how their Brexit (presumably 17odd million different ones) is being stolen, I am happy to leave them to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. A job they are carrying out superbly.

And as things seem to be quietening down, the stage is being readied for committed Brexiteer (wasnt it 36hrs of hard campaigning or similar) Boris Johnson ti appear on his zipwire.

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

We do accept that the nation needs to move forward. What's now holding us back ( and always has) is those MP's in parliament who led us , having neither the will nor determination to do anything about the winning result.

Baxi Boy, Heat and Bollerks like this.
  14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Since the result, I think you'll find the ones doing the most bleating (and handing out the most insults,) have been those firmly in the Remain camp. Right from day one.

Baxi Boy, Heat and Bollerks like this.
  15. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

Indeed I do, and I have met many. Of course, if you do not believe in democracy then it doesn't suit your agenda does it?

They do exist and they take a pragmatic and adult approach, unlike those who should supposedly know better.

As for Boris, I wouldn't trust him with a box of lego, especially when the likes of Rudd & Hammond have come out publicly to say that they would support him.
    Boris is for Boris - period. His position on Brexit swings to and fro more frequently than a toilet door on a Grimsby trawler in a storm.

16. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

I am sure the majority of Brexit voters would wish to bring the rest of the UK with them in the future political developments.

But it sometimes is impossible to bring people initially together when you have nativity in the REMAINERS who think they can move forward in some sort of EU dream world with the massive amount of Brexit supporters ignored.

Where is the Remainers who have a plan that takes us forward together?

I assume it will take a lengthy time for all sides to see the vote as non reversible.
    No Labour or Conservative party will get much support until this is sorted due to both parties having past voters on Remain and Leave.

17. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

I rather suspect that we have, for better or for worse, seen the end of the old 2 party system in this country. Labour under Corbyn would cause immense capital flight out of our economy whilst the Tories are so riven over Europe that they would be better splitting into 2 separate factions, then let the voters decide.
    At least then, we would all know exactly who stood for what.
    Just as the fire of London did immense damage, it also helped to purge the curse that was bubonic plague in the capital.
    Sometimes you must burn your bridges in order to move forward.
    Corbyn might get in next time and I have contingencies in place. I don't think he would last a full term because the economy would be trashed by then.
    That's the thing with labour and always has been, they are great at spending other people's money, even to the absurdity of borrowing even more to get out of debt!
    They just love that Magic Money Tree as much as Brussels does.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Has Farage come up with a plan or is he just blaming others?

19. Bollerks

Bollerks Active Member

I don't really care so long as he gets us a clean brexit.
    Why do you care so much about Farage? You appear to be obsessed with him.
    One might even begin to suspect that you have developed a crush, which I am sure he would be flattered by.

Baxi Boy likes this.
  20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I didn't vote for him.