Hands up if you have voted?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by goldenboy, May 23, 2019.

1. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

That is all brexit project fear,

John
    =

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Does, jj want his posts removed?
    I doubt he does.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I have no idea and I have never wanted my posts removed, is this something you go in for?

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

We were subject to an almighty dose of that from your lot, and we still voted to leave.

What is now the, EU, started out as a trading block.
    The facts say so.
    The, EEC, has gradually, stealthily, turned into a political organisation without accountability with its own currency, flag, parliament, and, insulated beurocratic organisation at the forefront.
    The facts cannot be dismissed as "project fear" in this sense also.

You know full well who promoted the project fear stance in the run up to the ref.
    None of what they said held any water on the day of reckoning, did it?

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Ok Trevor, you've done your trolling, your projecting and your stalking, isn't it time for bed now?

6. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

Some of this is bizzare. The USA for instance is big enough all on it's own to be a trading block and also uses it's power all over the world, often financial. Alongside that in traditional respects it's broke, bankrupt really. One of the ideas behind the EU is to counteract the USA.

It has another rather capitalist idea. All countries cough up. Money goes back to countries in varying amounts. Basic idea is create a level field. That way the market size increases as more people can buy goods as they are better off. It actually works as well eg not so easy to get fruit pickers any more as they can earn at home. Also increasing numbers of eastern Europeans going home as they can make a living there now. I just have to laugh - the UK gets a fair sized chunk back as some areas really do need it.

EU preventing gov bailing out companies / cheap loans etc. Nothing to do with the EU, it's down to putting free market hoodlums in charge. Their view is if a company can't cut it fold it or allow it to fail. In some ways there is sense in that. Not a popular resource now but at the point coal mines were shut the chinese could get good quality coal to uk docks for less than the costs we had getting it to the pit head. The only way to get round that sort of thing is protectionism.

We have had some financial easing of late. What that means is need more money so rather than borrow it just print more if it. Net result is the pound devalues to match and we get poorer. Also give it to the banks super cheap so they can make money lending it out. If any go broke again, simples, do the same again. One other effect of it is to asset strip people who do have some money - savings. They will always support banks if they have problems as the entire economy wont work without them. They have our money and we might try to take it all out.

Trade deals with the USA, America first. That really should be good. Actually a fairly famous person has always reckoned we would finish up being another star on their flag eventually.

John
    -

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You 'liked' it.
    I don't like any content being removed from here.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You are paranoid, BTW I have got 2 good jobs of the false reviews you left me.

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Vanilla flavour milkshake.
    I'd like to say you'd surprised me...
    :rolleyes:

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You are being a busy boy tonight, have you ever thought about getting another hobby or just getting a life?

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Im paranoid?

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why do you think you're paranoid?

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why, do you think you're paranoid?

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why do you think, you're paranoid?

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Don't be so mean, chips, the sff is the only life i know.
    I'm on here all day, every day.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Trolling away.

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

How do you get one job, let alone two from bad reviews?
    Are you making things up again?

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You give me great reviews, 5 stars. There is an obsession with gaslighting but ...

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

We know you are.

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Now what's called...