Hanging A Mirror

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by markenglish82, Jul 12, 2020.

1. markenglish82

markenglish82 Member

Afternoon All,

This may sound a bit of a simple task but I'm after son advice regarding fixings...

We have just purchased a mirror which weights 12kg. There are only 2 'holes' on the back to hang the mirror onto screws.

The mirror is to go on the wall in our dining room which is an external wall.

Due to the weight, I am unsure what to use to hang it and would appreciate any advice or even links to an item to purchase

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Lay spirit level on the back of the mirror and mark the spirit level where the holes are,then put the spirit level up on the wall and mark the wall. Drill. Fischer raw plugs. Flat head screws.
    I'm assuming it a solid wall.
    I assume the mirror has hole or loops to hang?

I've put a few up and no problems. 12kg is not that heavy. Only 6 kg per screw.

3. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

It’s a downward load on wall nothing pulling away from the wall

4. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

When i put my mirror up on brick wall i also used two, two inch black bolts in the bottom half matchs the mirror and will never ever fall off the wall, ok over kill l know but at least it's safer to walk past..