Hard-wearing Wall Covering?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by meowork, Feb 6, 2024.

1. meowork

meowork Member

We've got an area close to backdoor and worktops etc. It's a small space and always getting knocked by the kitchen litter bin. Similarly dog coming in loves a shake off which splats the wall to.
    So..
    Is there a "hard-wearing or rubberised or whatever" I can put over existing plastered wall in locations as above. Probably floor level to worktop height?
    Pic attached...

Attached Files:

2. meowork

meowork Member

Like a wallpaper??

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Clear perspex/macralon sheet, toughened glass, ceramic tiles even tough vinyl flooring fixed to the wall etc.

Tuxmark2, billysloke and meowork like this.
  4. Roysterr05

Roysterr05 Member

Could try a scrubbable paint like Dulux Diamond/Crown Clean Extreme Scubbable Matt?

Or do you mean something substantially more hard wearing?

meowork likes this.
  5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

PVC wall cladding sheet, 1.5mm thick will do, but available in a range of thicknesses

Available in white or a range of colours, the pvc is solid coloured, not sprayed so if it does pick up a scratch, not so noticeable

If you cladding around the pillar, then 90degree trims available for a neat finish. Just bond to the wall (clean it first to degrease) with general building silicone

Place local to me that sells this product and cuts to size, but not a regular ‘plastics’ UPVC window type place, more an old fashioned independent fabricator. If nowhere local to you, plenty online that will cut to size and supply only - as ever, compare prices and many will send you out a free sample of the product if you wish to take a look

Will work a treat !

Tuxmark2 and meowork like this.
  6. meowork

meowork Member

Was thinking something on a roll but hard wearing stuff

7. meowork

meowork Member

Sounds interesting. Will have a Google but what would I be searching for?. Name etc?

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Wallrock Fibre liner painted over.

Tuxmark2 likes this.
  9. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Search as per my reply - ‘PVC wall cladding’

Brand / supplier / can’t recommend but all much of a muchness - price will vary though so a consideration to look into and also a cut to size service, not just supplying as full sheets

10. meowork

meowork Member

Thanks...

11. meowork

meowork Member

Perhaps your local folks might be able to cut and post as I don't need large sizes. You recommending is a bit bonus to me. Do you have their contact details email etc?