Has anyone else noticed......

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by The Trician, Feb 13, 2009.

1. The Trician

The Trician New Member

Has anyone else noticed a pattern over the last ten years or so?

Recent symptoms are -

A police investigation into cash for amending legislation in the House of Lords being dropped.

Jaquie Smith being found not guilty of any wrongdoing for claiming something like £116,000 for a second home which isn't hers, but just one room at her sister's house - not even her kids stay there, and they certainly don't go to school in London.

Bankers, who have literally brought the economy of this country to it's knees being made to say 'sorry', and at the same time being paid huge bonuses for what is effectively a failure to perform?

So I'll ask again, has anyone else noticed a pattern over the last ten years or so?

The relevant law or regulation governing the behaviour of the individual in each case may not have been broken, but is it morally right?

What kind of message does it send to the rest of the population?

Are we rewarding both criminality and failure?

TT

2. devil's advocate

devil's advocate New Member

I first thought that you were referring to Cash For Honours - which was an opportunistic scam by the SNP.

But, re-reading it, are you referring to the recent events with our 'Lords'? Has the investigation been dropped?

If so, that's truly shocking. It stinks.

(As for Jacqui Smith - not guilty, because she is 'not guilty'. Simple as that. I'm not saying it's a brilliant system, but she was not guilty.)

Bonuses for bankers - grrrrr.

3. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

The trouble is that all of these instances aren't provable as specific offences - what they show is that a lot of people are just out to feather their own nest and they have no sense of honour AND that the press often exposes this these days. Like cheating on your wife, nasty, but not illegal.

What JS has done is not illegal (MPs make their own rules!) but it shows a complete lack of personal integrity and respect for the taxpayer. Hopefully the voters will remember come the next election.

4. Lover

Lover New Member

Oh, I think so.

5. Mr GrimNasty

Mr GrimNasty Active Member

Me too, thus.

6. jcts

jcts Active Member

this government is an absolute joke and time after time things like this and worse have been unearthed. i could go on forever about all the failings, lies, mistrust etc etc but we all know what i'm talking about. however, it wouldn't shock me one bit if labour win the GE

7. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

the Government should have pontys drowned at birth

PONTY: Plenty Of Names To Yawn (at) :^O

8. vision20

vision20 Member

I've noticed and many more people are now begining to realise we are heading blindly into a dictatorship regime in this country headed by the vile Nu-labour. I would not be surprised if they win the next election by whatever means they see fit to use(nudge,nudge) As usual they have one rule and law for themselves and stuff everyone else. Do as i say not as i do syndrome!! This country has had it we need to clear out the dead wood in politics and start again. It amaazes me why the British people just accept all this c**p from government, the French don't they stand up for themselves, good for them. The CONS are no different, no choice = no democracy anymore. We are doomed!!!!!!

9. devil's advocate

jcts and vision20...

I try and imagine what it must be like to have such simplistic brains as yours, but I can't.

...shakes head sadly...

10. vision20

vision20 Member

Time WILL prove you wrong Da wait and see. Wont be long!!!
    The British people have lost the ability to think for themselves. They have been "Fed" so much propaganda by Nu-labour for so long they have been brainwashed and now believe anything they are told without question. This is of course exactly what the vile government want as it makes their lives so much easier. The more intelligent among us are still able to see the bigger picture of course and see through the smokescreen of government lies and propaganda.

11. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

I'm no fan of Labour either but I do think you have lost the plot somewhat!

"The British People" as you call us are quite capable of reading between the lines and making their own choices come the next election!

12. devil's advocate

Reality, meet vision20.

Vision20, reality.

I take it you've never met before...

13. Young Scud

Young Scud New Member

"The more intelligent among us are still able to see the bigger picture of course and see through the smokescreen of government lies and propaganda."

I hope for your sake you know one of them.