HASSLE WITH SCREWFIX!!

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by hill_terry, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Tam

Tam New Member

I ordered Thursday,expected Friday,then Friday expecting Sat. still flaming waiting.........argghhhhhhh

2. Lost-In-Space

Lost-In-Space New Member

Well I for one talked with my feet and gave up using Screwfix - AKA ScrewUp - over a year ago. They used to be very good - order one day get it the next. Then things started to go wrong and get worse.
    1. Next day orders became two days or more later
    2. Parcels left in garden - in the rain!!
    3. Missing items
    4. I ordered some 'big stuff' that came from the supplier - when they didn't arrive all Screwup could say was its the supplier fault and I (that is ME) had to call their supplier to find out what was happening!!

Never again - and I tell as many people as possible DONT do it - find another supplier first!

3. baldelectrician.com

baldelectrician.com Well-Known Member

i have found it a bit of a shambles recently, that is why if i need something time critical i use a local supplier who can usually better screwfix on price.

try going into an electrical wholesalers and waving a screwfix catalouge- the first thing they say is 'what happens if anything goes wrong ?'

you pays your money- you takes your choice!

4. Livefood UK Ltd

Livefood UK Ltd New Member

As a mail order supplier myself I fully sympathise with Scewfix on this one. We used Parcel Force to deliver our parcels for about 2 years but since the beginning of this year Parcel Force seem to have let their already poor (but cheap) service go even further down hill.

We have now changed to using City Link and not only have they vastly improved on service but they have beaten Parcel Force on price too!

Having said that ALL our deliveries from Screwfix have been on time

5. It'll-never-work

It'll-never-work New Member

Well, I placed my first order early Monday Morning and its still 'in progress'. "Everything for the trade - next day".. right. I suppose this is a mistake to learn from...

6. handyman.

handyman. New Member

Moan moan moan.....................

7. Thevitalspark

Thevitalspark New Member

I've been using screwfix for several years and the service at present is pretty bad! It's been worse ( Lynx carriers typically 7 days). But, what really annoys me now is you can order the goods at 10am, be told the items are in stock & will be posted that day, delivery in two days. A day later the goods are posted and the goods take an extra day, the online tracking system is worthless, you get the goods before any information is given.The telephone staff just talk utter rubbish or worse ,lies - they are polite in doing so though!

I tend to use Mark Goddard Watts new company, he owned screwfix before selling it to B&Q. The delivery so far has been excellent, the way Screwfix used to be.

Try ********, the stuff is pretty similar to screwfix although there is a lot less chioce.

[Edited by: Forum Moderator]

8. Agile

Agile Member

To the unnamed person who calls himself Forum Moderator.

I presume that like all the other sites you are an unpaid busybody who enjoys the power complex it gives you by editing other peoples postings.

However I will give you the compliment that you do use restraint on your powers unlike DIYnot where the Mods excell in driving everyone away from their site.

I would question why you feel it necessary to delete the names of alternative hardware suppliers? They are pretty easy to find on the web.

Most of the Screwfix delivery problems described here are caused by the carriers although clearly picking delays are still happening sometimes.

As an unpaid Mod, dont you think that screwfix is capable of standing the odd mention of an alternative supplier?

Tony

9. handyman.

handyman. New Member

agile, are you thick or simple or what??

"I would question why you feel it necessary to delete the names of alternative hardware suppliers?"

If you dont understand why these links are moderated by SFD then you are a bumbling fool. Do you wear a jesters outfit when you go to work??

10. high energy

high energy New Member

Handyman, you are either on the payroll of Screwfix or have been sufficiently brainwashed to think that deleting the names of any competition is somehow installing confidence in the brand. All it does is treat your customers as idiots, if Screwfix are as good at the service they provide then they should not fear anyone but the previous posts prove that they do not deliver on their promises. Why does the moderator not post the service levels achieved to prove a point....................

11. handyman.

handyman. New Member

high energy, you are just a 'jester' as well...........

mabye SFD should stock some jester outfits for their most stupid customers...........idiot.

12. high energy

high energy New Member

Handyman, why defend the indefensible. If Screwfix don't like the competition being mentioned then doesn't that sound like they have something to hide i.e. we are not the best at what we do???????

13. Village Idiot

Village Idiot New Member

duh, this is a screwfix forum, of course they are going to favour their own site, they are paying for it, other suppliers aren't going to allow a link to screwfix are they???
    and i thought i was the village idiot

14. handyman.

handyman. New Member

high energy.......Mmmmmmmm, do you wear a wooly hat

15. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

high energy, if you know a better supplier why don't you use them and moan on their forum? Screwfix mostly get it right, I've only had 2 orders not delivered next day out of 153. Yes, they had some problems last summer when they sent out random items presumably picked by the illegal immigrants they employed then (allegedly) but I'm not complaining because I got loads of free stuff. That's all history now and they are back on form. To have an order delivered next day to a remote site still makes an impression on me and my customers. Screwfix, can I join your fan club?

16. Legal Sparrow

Legal Sparrow Member

1.3 Screwfix Direct shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to delete, edit, lock, move or remove any content without notice that contains (in the opinion of Screwfix Direct) unjustified, negative or derogatory comments about Screwfix Direct, the recommendation of competitors, advertising, or direct links to third party websites.

17. high energy

high energy New Member

Are most of you really that naive to think that stopping derogatory comments about screwfix or even pointing out how others may offer a better all round service will really lead to a world class service being provided by screwfix???
    In all walks of life if you stride to be the best then you have to prove it, not by burying your heads in the sand but stating that thro proven evidence that you cannot be bettered in price, service and quality.
    Numpties like handyman etc., who think that preventing such messages are ill informed and should either get off the screwfix payroll or get a life.... nuff said

18. handyman.

handyman. New Member

high energy, you really are thick as pig s*e, nuff said, you bumbling jester.

19. high energy

high energy New Member

Handyman..... can you at least try and string two sentences together without retorting to interweb swearing...you p*k

20. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Handyman..... can you at least try and string two
    sentences together without retorting to interweb
    swearing...you p*k

Or one sentence....as above :):):):):):D

Mr. Handyandy - really