HASSLE WITH SCREWFIX!!

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by hill_terry, Jan 31, 2005.

1. gardm1nt

gardm1nt New Member

I always order 3 days in advance then any problems fail to have catestrophic effect. The same goes if ordering something out of the ordinary from the merchants. 97% screwfix get it right with the exception of the warehouse change over last year when no orders were taken for a week

Paul

2. handyman.

handyman. New Member

Handyman..... can you at least try and string two
    sentences together without retorting to interweb
    swearing...you p*k

I thought it may be the only way to get a basic point through your thick head. I told my dog about your thoughts and even he thought you were a numbheaded, libdem voting, yoguart knitting, woolyhatted a*hole.

:)

3. high energy

high energy New Member

It says it all Handyman when you the only thing that will listen to you is your DOG!!!!
    T*ssa

4. poolcorgi

poolcorgi New Member

such a nice freindly atmosphere on this forum must visit more often LOL

5. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

6. poolcorgi

poolcorgi New Member

7. tilers2

tilers2 New Member

with reference to chuck; I agree with him about **** telling us it will take 2-3 days instead of saying it will be there the next day and after waiting at home for the entire day and it not arriving... I find there service **. and have stopped using them

[Edited by: admin12]

8. tilers2

tilers2 New Member

handyman... do you know how t spell anything but "moan" you are sad ******* who does nothing but sit on this message board and tell people they are moaning... when in fact that is what you are doing.. get a life!!!!

9. Taiwan_angel

Taiwan_angel New Member

The thing that makes me laugh about the initial post here is the GREAT comment on;

"GOT A BLOKE THAT COULDN'T HARDLY SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL"

You sure it was the man at the other end of the phone with the English problem??

You people!

Why not just make one thread and continue to add to that...?

Screwfix, in my honest opinion, do many things very well. Yes they have had a hard time - but look at how fast they have grown. They are still growing too.

Over here in Taiwan we only have B&Q and the standard is poor. If you're so annoyed with Screwfix - please send them over here - they will be accepted with open arms!

10. tilers2

tilers2 New Member

I also had problems with *****, ordered some tools and waited three day and never got them, canceled the order and it is now 12 days later and they still haven't returnrd the money on my account, and they keep flobbing me off, saying they will phone me and never do. I have had enough and am about to take legal action, they took my money quick enough and won't give it back. i will NEVER use this company agian!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by: admin12]

11. when screwfix was moving to stafford and you could not order i went to the alternative,it was rubbish so screwfix get my custom,even when parcels arrive late

12. roadkill192

roadkill192 New Member

Taiwan angel???????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................Feeling the force lately??????

13. Selfhost

Selfhost New Member

I agree at the moment Screwfix are the best in the business but I do have other websites in mind and its only a question of time before they catch up and I start ordering elsewhere!

14. Taiwan_angel

Taiwan_angel New Member

???

Always feeling the force!

Who are you then Roadkill to know that I am a Jedi?

15. brickbat

brickbat New Member

If screwfix are monitoring this they're not doing a very good job, first entry Jan 2005, Nov 25 same thing still happening. Non delivery on Monday, 5 phone calls later and they still don't know where missing items are.

SCREWFIX: JUST GET RID OF YOUR DELIVERY SYSTEM OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR CUSTOM

16. roadkill192

roadkill192 New Member

Aaron..............

17. right-on

right-on New Member

Hint: If you want to find an alternative supplier just type "Mark Goddard Watts" into Google (including the quote marks).

He set up Screwfix in the 'good old days' before B&Q/Kingfisher took over.

18. Hi all

Apart from a few niggles with SF I have never experienced these problems. The guys and gals on the phone are always polite. There is a really charming Egyptian chap there who is really helpful. If they don't know something they phone back. Don't forget we know what we want, widgits etc but they don't have the professional knowledge so cut them slack. They have even delivered to motorway services for me so I can collect as I rush through. As I cover the SW and all Wales doing 70,000 miles a year that is invaluable.

There is no alternative - I tried, SF is probably the best. I am happy (and no I don't work for them !!)