Heat exchanger plate

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Graeme1967, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

How easy it to remove the heat exchanger plate on a Baxi 105 e please do I can clean it out , reckon that’s my issue with hot and cold water

Cheers Graeme

2. Vin

Vin Active Member

3. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Cheers for that , I’ll take a look , yeah was thinking of doing something similar myself tbh with you , at least you have one on standby , so to speak

4. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Daft question, do the rubber seals fit into the plate ,,or the manifold that it sits on , or do they need changing at all really ?

5. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

6. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Update , changed the plate heat exchanger and alls well , hot water is back up and running .thanks to everyone who had an input.

cheers Graeme

Muzungu likes this.
  7. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

hey,great to hear. Great stuff :)

dont know if you purchased parts from the company linked via ebay, but as long as there are in business they will be able able to supply every spare part (could be refurbishment thou) for your boiler ;) your 105e has longevity.

Tbh i did have a casual connection with that company when they first started out but not on baxi products,absolute excellent people seen how they do the backroom refurbish work and how they test every component to match how it was originally produced.

:)

8. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Yes , took your advice mate and rang them ,really pleased with the service , took the old one out , I’m going to clean it and have it as a standby for future , thanks a lot

cheers Graeme