Heating options

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by GarryH, Feb 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. GarryH

GarryH New Member

I am moving into an older building on the third floor, where there is a 3 bedroom flat.

At the moment there are three old 80s type gas heaters fitted installed, two don't work but one did. I would like to replace then and install more modern heating in the flat but I am unsure how and what to go with.

Should I replace these gas heaters with more modern gas heaters? Look at gas central heating? or electric radiators?

Who would I contact and what would be the best method.

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I wouldn't dream of using gas heaters without a lot of ventilation and a good carbon monoxide alarm. As soon as you add the right amount of ventilation, you're pouring your expensive heat out into the atmosphere and destroying the environment even more than we are already/

Electric heaters are your only viable option. They will be cheap to buy but expensive to run, but you can buy them with thermostats so can control your spend reasonably well.

3. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

can't see why you cannot look into central heating, as you have gas.......... contact a local gas installer.

Are you buying / bought the property???