Heating ?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by jonnybegood45, Jan 11, 2018.

1. jonnybegood45

jonnybegood45 New Member

We're planning to upgrade our heating system as it doesn't have a room thermostat my son fitted a timer to the boiler so we can set to on-off 3 times a day but it really needs a room stat, the boiler is a Wocester quite old I think, but it's loosing pressure I have to repressure it approximately once a week I've checked all the radiators and can't see a leak any where.
    Is it possible to tip some rad weld in the system or some other product?
  2. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

Rad Weld? :eek:

If you're planning on upgrading the system, why would you want to use a temporary bodge of a fix? The leak needs to be found, the cause identified and rectified.

What boiler is it, does it have a PRV outlet (15mm copper pipe)? Direct or indirect hot water? Topped up from mains?
  3. jonnybegood45

jonnybegood45 New Member

Hi Doc, I appreciate I need to find the leak, as I said I've checked the rad valves and can't find any signs of water there are some pipes buried in concrete floors in the extension which I'm worrying over, it's not my intension to bodge it just don't know what to do!

The boiler is Worcester 24CDI and yes I can see a pipe with a bend back to the wall (PRV)? I'm fairly sure it's topped up from mains water.
    I'm past climbing around nowadays so find it difficult to check every where. we've only lived here a year, I new this job was on the cards so when winters over it will get done.

That is by a plumber! but finding one will be my nightmare.