Heatmiser uh8, different zones not working

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Joe Prosho, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Joe Prosho

Joe Prosho New Member

Hi there,

Moved into a new build house and have an issue with my underfloor heating.. there is supposed to be 3 zones set up, kitchen zone 1, living room zone 3 and hallway zone 5

This is the wiring in the uh8 on the wall

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zeX2y8D3UgiBAAnk7

Now when all the heating is off I get a faint zone 2 light shining permanently on the uh8.

When I trigger heating on the thermostat in the kitchen the zone 1 lights up real bright on the uh8 and the heating comes on.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hWLuGr75d8mXv1Yt9

This would seem to be working, but the problem is it triggers all the heating for zone ,1, 3 and 5, which means my smaller living room is getting up to a ridiculous 27 degrees!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BDmffsTJ6ruhk3rE8

Think those pictures are the actuators? All depressed...

Would anyone know how to fix the zoning? Whether this is a pairing issue or wiring issue?

Thanks

2. Joe Prosho

Joe Prosho New Member

Just to add I've tried the 3 different thermostats to trigger the heating

Each one registers a different zone light on the uh8, 1, 2, 3 according to where they are wired

but anytime one of them comes on it triggers the heating to come on all manifolds go down and trigger heating to all zones...

Note that the manifolds are wired into zones 1,3 and 5.. not 1,2,3 like the aquators?

Is this a case of the uh8 triggering everything because of the inbalance in wiring, and the wiring for the aquators/manifolds needs to be aligned?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  3. Peterdevon

Peterdevon Screwfix Select

If it is new build get them back

4. Joe Prosho

Joe Prosho New Member

The builders stonewalled our neighbours who have more pressing snags for like 5 months.. I can't be arsed the effort/wait of trying to get them back

A new uh8 cost me £50, just gonna wire it in this week as im pretty sure the board is faulty

5. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Have you traced all of your zone actuators back to the UH8?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  6. Joe Prosho

Joe Prosho New Member

The manifold is about 2ft away, with the wiring to the actuators really obvious.. I can watch the actuators for all 6 loops go down, across 3 zones, when only the thermostat for one zone switches on

I spoke to the manufacturer today, they said it was wired wrong, which I thought from the image

But they also said if one thermostat was triggering all the actuators it is likely a faulty board.. (or a faulty valve fuse on the board.. or something like that)

I don't have a multimeter to test readings on the different components, but can't see why I wouldn't just be able to swap it out for a new one?.. if that doesn't fix it I'll get on to a tradesman

I also noticed that a couple of the LEDs are bent on the board, so might well have been bashed around a bit

7. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Perhaps you should inform the builders and charge them for any costs incurred?

Do make sure you confirm the correct wiring with the manufacturer otherwise you may end up with another faulty board!