Heatrae Sadia Combination Boiler not heating up

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Christopher de Bruin, Feb 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi everyone, any help on this would be appreciated. I have recently moved into a new flat and the flat has an electric boiler. I attached some photos so you can see what it looks like. The heating works okay and the radiators in the flat heat up alright. My issue is with the hot water, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the water to get hot. I have read online that it may be because it only runs off of off peak electricity so will only be warm in the morning. However in the morning the water is still cold. The boiler seems to be plugged into this off peak switch with a dial(see the photo attached). Do you know how I can set it to heat up? The boost button works and is the only way I can have a shower at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Attached Files:

2. sam spade

sam spade Active Member

I have atached the Electromax User Manual. (Took less than two minutes to find it using Google!)

The hot water is only heated overnight - when electricity is cheaper - check exact times witth your supplier; but you can do a short top-up during the day, if necessary, but at a higher price per kWh.

Attached Files: