Help! Can’t get fall for shower to saniflow

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Chris1004, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

Hi all, I’m working on a boat and they have put in a shower and have used McAlpine shallow trap https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&...wjmham8y93mAhWioXEKHViiC_wQzzl6BAgLEGA&adurl=

I’ve dug the saniflow abit into the floor as seen in pictures but can dig much more As the floor is steel and I don’t want to lol. The shower can’t really be raised much more as a standard height person is already hitting the cieling .. am I able to convert the water pipe into small pipe for a greater fall or will that not work.
    What can I do?

many thanks in advanced and sorry for a lot of writing but I’m really stuck here.

I can take more pictures of needed

Attached Files:

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Maybe pics are misleading ,but there looks to be a fall from trap outlet to saniflo ?? Have you tried to use ?

3. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

I think it was the picture there is pretty much no fall.

Attached Files:

4. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

I’ve tried using it and the shower tray just fills up with water and nothing drains

5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Maybe change the tray for one with a deep inner well . not sure what level of water inside the saniflo triggers it into action ,would have thought it wouldn't need much.
    I assume if you pour water into the trap then at least half a litre would run away down the pipe ?
    Disconnect the pipe at trap end ,elevate it and pour measured water into the pipe ( with a funnel or similar) to establish how much volume of water it takes to activate the sanoflos pump.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  6. Alwaysworking

Alwaysworking Active Member

Surely you can raise the tray 30mm or so, Saniflo requires very very little fall

7. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

I will try first thing in the morning raising it abit and see if that helps. I realised today when I was testing it that the tide was out !! So it’s possible that because the boat was sitting in the mode the level was all screwed up haha. Will post Tom prow morning what happens, thanks guys

8. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

The sanislim shown needs around 120 - 130mm of water in the tank to activate so I'm thinking that is higher than the tray.

Chris1004 likes this.
  9. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

I think the top of shower tray was 120 so the trap is something like 90 il raise the tray tomorrow and I think il just say to them there’s really not much I can do.

10. just pumps

You can't work miracles
    Show them the instructions, it shows something like a 30 degree fall

11. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

I raised the tray and it works a treat now but unfortunately the height from tray to cieling is 1750 (5ft9”) so people will have to hunch abit ... they seem to be okay with this.

Attached Files:

12. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

5ft9”

Attached Files:

13. You want to get that joint box sorted and I wouldn't recommend OSB for your shower walls!

14. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

Haha they said they are going to glue plastic shower panels to the osb. Everything’s a mess at moment and it’s far from done

15. blarblarblarblar

blarblarblarblar Active Member

Glad it’s working for you, how much did you raise it?

16. Chris1004

Chris1004 Member

Two inches, I tried raising it every 15 min and testing it but I figured it’s a boat and it can be quite rough ocean where it will be so it needs to be a good fall. Thanks all for help and advice!

17. just pumps

Just noticed the discharge elbow, turn power off then push it down flush to the moulded lip (another 20mm or so).