Help? Gas Engineers?

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Ibrahimaziz02, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Ibrahimaziz02

Ibrahimaziz02 New Member

Hi,
    I am looking for a gas safe registered engineer who would be generous to take me on to help me complete my gas portfolio also to teach me about the onsite gas work too. I am a very focused hard working lad. I already have my level 2 and 3 plumbing City & Guilds diplomas and i have worked onsite as work experience as a plumber and doing other skills as well. Just recently i have completed my gas course and now on to my portfolio building. My main aspiration is to become a gas safe registered engineer. I am from Manchester and i am willing to travel without any cost. If any of you engineers are happy to take me on but at a cost i will be happy to pay.

thanks

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

I sort of read this post as inspiring to start with. A young lad looking to get on and reaching out to get experience and work with experienced guys.

Then reading this "If any of you engineers are happy to take me on but at a cost i will be happy to pay." NO NO NO NO

WTF is going on with this world. Is that a genuine post ? or is that really how it is at the moment ? either way it really depresses me a lot to think that is what is happening in our industry.

3. Ibrahimaziz02

Ibrahimaziz02 New Member

@kitfit1 Thanks for the reply and yes it is real and i really need to find someone ASAP and im still in no luck mate...no one is going to give up there money making time for free for us thats why i said if any engineers want to take me on i dont mind paying for their time to train me and get my portfolio done. its an investment in my opinion ;)

4. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Can your gas training center help you find a registered gas installer ? Its not always easy to find a registered gas installer willing to help you out for your on-site work portfolio .Training centers know that and some offer to find an appropriate installer also offer their premises for your 5 boiler installation part.

Ibrahimaziz02 likes this.
  5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Well-Known Member

I couldn't help you anyway. I only fit gas hobs and gas ovens, so no training for anything else. Good luck though.

6. Ibrahimaziz02

Ibrahimaziz02 New Member

@kitfit1 I have tried ringing around and no one is taking me on. do you have any idea where i can search?

7. Banjo75

Banjo75 New Member

I’ve just been through the same thing. Why isn’t your training provider finding you a mentor?

I ended up having to drop my cookers and fires as my mentor just doesn’t get calls for them. I also tried at least 20 other local engineers and no one was willing to help.

A few lads i met whilst doing the ACS told me that ended up paying some company In Portsmouth £1500 to do their portfolio with them.

Wish I could help as I know how hard it is. Best of luck!

8. Ibrahimaziz02

Ibrahimaziz02 New Member

@Banjo75 £1500? thats crazy lol! I have spoken to my college about a month ago but all they say is that they're still looking for a mentor for me. In the meanwhile i have just been phoning around engineers local to me and other places too. All i get is they say something like this ..." sorry pal we're currently busy at the moment we cant take you on" or they would say " yeah i will give you a call if i have work" etc...

it is really difficult to find engineers but i will eventually find someone