Help protect roof with missing tile

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Dom_R, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Dom_R

Dom_R New Member

Hi all,

Last night in the middle of the night a roof tile slide off and shattered on the floor, I can cleary see where the tile has come from and with the large fall the tile is in pieces and not reusable. I have contacted a Roofing professional who is on there way out to sort it out for us - but with demand like it is, he can't get to us until tomorrow evening or Friday morning... I wouldn't have worried expect I looked at todays weather and there is a lot of heavy rain through out the day.

Will the roof be ok for one day of heavy rain and one missing tile? If not, is there anything I can do to help the roof out while the rain is coming down?

Thanks!

2. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

I'm no roofing expert and all roofs can be different but usually the way tiles are hung the one above and the one below may well still overhang each other slightly giving protection.
    If you look at the area where its come from what can you see?
    I'm in the south and don't think any rain expected now for rest of the week.
    Also to help those that know roofing will probably ask for a picture of some kind to make an informed response.
    I have an old barn and if a tile slips it still pretty well covered by tile above and below but of course best to get sorted asap.

3. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

If your roof has felt or membrane under the tile you'll be ok. If not I would stick a bucket under the hole just in case.