Help: Titan ttl530gbc bogging down

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Cal2k, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Cal2k

Cal2k New Member

I brought a titan ttl530gbc strimmer last year, when I got it out to use this year its started bogging down when ever I use the throttle.
    It has new fuel and the correct mixture in it so I'm guessing I need to adjust the carboretor. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Unforcently I've lost the manual so have no idea how to make an adjustment. So anyone who can point me in the right direction would be great.
    Thanks in advance

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Have you checked the air filter is clean?

If there was any fuel left in it when it was stored some of the solvents will have evaporated leaving a gummy residue which can cause havoc with the simple rubber flap valves and needles in a carb like this. If that's the case, try running it on tickover for a while to let the new fuel clean things up a bit before you give it some beans. When you put it away, tip the unused fuel back into the can then run the machine until it exhausts all the remaining fuel in the system.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Have you make sure the cutting head can freely turn, my stihl was a bit sluggish, found grass,etc wrapped tightly around spindle below head.

Took a good 20 minutes to clear it all out.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  4. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

If it's a 2 stroke this is why I stick with electric as I don't use them often enough. Best option on a 2 stroke that wont be used for a while is to shut the fuel off and let it run dry. It can help not having to remove carb jets and cleaning them but they can still need it. Some squirts of carb cleaner while it's running may help but wouldn't bank on it.

John
    -

5. Cal2k

Cal2k New Member

No I haven't checked Air filter yet. Is it easy to access?
    Will check it when I'm home and clean if need be and will also try running it at idle speeds for bit longer to see if that makes any differnce.
    I'm pretty sure it was empty of fuel when I stored its but can't be sure so will make sure I do so this year. Thanks for the advice

6. Cal2k

Cal2k New Member

Yes cutting head is free from any thing. Even disconnected it to completely remove that from the problem.

Thanks for the tip

7. Cal2k

Cal2k New Member

Yeah it's a 2 Stoke engine on it. I've always used electric ones in the past but borrowed a petrol one when last one died and found it so much more effective so brought one to replace my old one. Loved it last year but obviously a few bits I need to learn to maintain one

8. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

For electric I've had good luck with efco stuff.

John
    -