Help with repositioning a chimney breast vent please

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Slc1000, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Slc1000

Slc1000 New Member

Hi, I'm an enthusiastic diyer redecorating renovating my bathroom in a victorian house. Part of the plan is to tile the 2m wide chimney breast next to the bath. However, there is an oddly placed, firmly attached vent spoiling my aesthetics! Does anyone have any ideas about how I can either move it or blend it in better? bathroom.jpg I had two ideas: one was to relocate a smaller vent lower down so that it is hidden by the bath and then fill the original vent hole and tile over it and secondly I though about creating an inset 'shampoo shelf' where the vent is (so cutting out more of the bricks to create a centrally positioned cut-in shelf) and then repositioning the vent in the roof of the shelf 'hole'. There is about 5m of chimney above this though, so I imagine I would need a lintel for that. Does anyone have any thoughts about those ideas or any other suggestions? Thanks :)