Help with two leaks at Toilet Supply in flat please

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by dave19876, Nov 8, 2020.

1. dave19876

dave19876 New Member

Hi, could anyone here please offer any advice on how to troubleshoot/fix 2 separate leaks I have at the toilet of my flat in the two positions shown in the photos below?

The first leak spurts out of the top of the nut at the connector of the supply valve. Tightening/adjusting the nut simply adjusts the position of the leak.

The second is a drip seemingly coming from the unfamiliar large grey connectors behind the wall which I can't seem to adjust.

Turning off the supply valve stops the leaks.

Thanks alot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

The fitting at the WC needs a new washer.
    The push fit T ( grey plastic) has a coupling going into it that may not be pushed in far enough ,or the T may need replacing.

3. dave19876

dave19876 New Member

Brilliant thanks very much. I'm going to pick up a washer now and have taken off the T and refitted. Will report back soon. thanks again.

4. dave19876

dave19876 New Member

I've replaced the fibre washer at the fitting on the WC as suggested but the leak is still present. It flows out of the top heavily still. If i tighten the nut more it starts to spurt!

5. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

dave, you might need to replace that plastic inlet piece as sometimes the threaded bit can split.

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Check the condition of the white plastic thread ,for damage ,take care not to cross thread the nut and don't overtighten.