helping working out my pitch 15 degrees

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tiler7777, Jan 26, 2016.

1. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

the old aunt (tan opp/adj)
    sat on her (sin opp/hyp)
    coat and hat (cos adj/hyp)

the trig is ok for theoretical, but in practical values the wall can only adjust by a course of bricks either above or below the theoretical.

It depends on what you are building. for a bog standard back of the yard shed I would keep the scale to sizes that can be easily bought. ie front height less than 2.4 metres and rear 2.1 to allow some head room. There is always waste, and cutting off a little from a standard size is usually less costly than having to buy more for a larger size.

Jitender likes this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If the OP has a max and min height and no tile can do the angle, 8 degs, then all your arguing about trig is pointless.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Does really depend on the tiles being used, some slates only require a 12.5 degree pitch, as they are laid in double lap. Generally the concrete interlocking tiles need a pitch of 15 degrees. if they have a granular coating then the itch needs to be increase. The main thing to consider is the 'head lap'.

I just like to work out mathematical problems :)

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

He only has 8 degs:mad::mad::mad:

5. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

best to stop persisting with an ill conceived idea based on a 'bargain' purchase, flog the tiles and felt the roof.

and the soil?

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ok calm down.

How about some music to chill you.:)