Hiding Protruding Frame above UPVC bay

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Urban Bumpkin, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Urban Bumpkin

Urban Bumpkin Member

IMG_1123.JPG Ive removed an old pelmet in a UPVC bay window when it was plastered. There's an wooden frame above it which I'd usually hide with a flat strip of UPVC, however on one side of the bay the frame work is proud of the below window.

Any suggestions on the neatest way to hide this?

I had thought of a curved bullnosed edge down the one side.

Or would I have to continue this round the whole bay?

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Surely it’s not just the wooden frame that sits proud - also the brickwork as well

Can’t imagine what a piece of trim down one side only would look like, apart from terrible :eek:

Would think best option is to dot and dab plaster board across the whole area, bringing the PB out level with the highest points and then skim

Do you mean you’ve recently had the room plastered ? And then you removed the pelmet ?

Depending on how far the bricks stick out and wall construction, possibly they could be cut back flush with a grinder, but this is gonna be messy (only diy so don’t take my word on this)

Urban Bumpkin likes this.
  3. Urban Bumpkin

Urban Bumpkin Member

IMG_1124.JPG Thanks Dave

It's just the top of the original wooden frame that sticks out at the sides of the bay.

I ended up packing out the far ends to bring it flush with the protruding ends and made good using some 60mm strip and scotia upvc strips.

Just need to cork it.