Hilti WSC265 Reductor repair worth it?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by AlvyChippy, Oct 16, 2018.

1. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Edited last bit

....... @~£190
    or Bosch GKS65G@~£200 or even GKS85 110V 9" @~£200 as there are 3 models of Bosch (some have alloy bases), that fits both Mafell and FesTool tracks

or just hang my FesTool rails until decent cordless track saw would come up?

Opinions?
    Thanks!

2. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

Gone with Bosch GKT55GCE as it's the one, that is legitimate copy of Mafell MT55CC, the one (rumour has it, made the same, just in different livery), I truly liked to use, but a tad cheaper... paid extra for super fast delivery, should post findings back tomorrow ;)

3. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

got it, first impressions (rant) etc
    Got it from Bosch directly... site is absolutely useless, taken 2 calls to make sure order placed (finally) on Monday would be delivered on Tue (paid extra for super fast delivery)... Nope! on Wednesday got call from Bosch for the order to be arriving TODAY (Thu).
    It had arrived, NOBODY signed for, got left at the site office- abandoned. Truly not impressed with their website and service in general, considering buying premium product, paying top dollar etc.

Saw indeed is made in Germany- quality is clear and apparent.
    I've worked with Mafell , Festool (TS75 and TS55), owned Hilti WCS265, still would recommend it- does feel great so far. (Any plunge saw strength is its precision and I have to admit, so far looks better engineered than Hilti and Festool, on a par with Mafell, but front handle is solid bonus for control etc).
    Motor is good, but feels a tad on a low power side compared to Hilti or TS75. Even capacity is lesser (equal to TS55 and Mafell MT55CC), sufficient and indeed very capable, cut is truly clean (none tuning- adjustment- as is, from the box), hence better than TS75 or WCS265 after-all.
    I haven't noticed mark of the plunge start line(???) could be just me.
    Anti kick back works fine, no riving knife, feels safer that either FesT and certainly better feature than Old Hilti knife retraction mechanism.
    Obviously great advantage is fitting on both (Mafell- Bosch) and (FesT- Makita- Triton- Schepatch) rail systems, not sure if I'll be changing over yet.
    To surmise- quality saw, made the right choice (I believe), any Q's- shoot- will do my best to answer ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018