hinge jig and festool grrr

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by chip off the block, Jan 25, 2008.

1. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

think i will go for dewalt as it is only 122 notes

2. handcraft

handcraft New Member

the dewalts are basically the same as the trend ones

lee

3. chip off the block

4. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i have that one but its elu before they changed to dewalt
    and my dad gave me that router i love it though as long as it hasnt changed it is top dog

lee

5. chip off the block

they do a2000w router that was an elu design aswell which is good. What do you think for £122 inc vat

6. handcraft

handcraft New Member

dont think you could do any better really you dont need any bigger than that nhave you used a hinge jig before ?

lee

7. chip off the block

nope. in fact i was only saying thy were a waste of time a few weeks back and look here i am asking about buing 1. £305 for jig router and cutter

8. handcraft

handcraft New Member

where are you getting it from

waster of time ? once you have used one it will change your mind trust me they are awesome

lee

9. chip off the block

power tools plus in carlton notts

10. handcraft

handcraft New Member

take a look at dm-tools they are quite good too i use them alot . im off now anyway nite all

lee

11. mailee

mailee New Member

I have two Elu 96's and a De Walt 615 and can say that the De Walt is the closest you will get to the Elu. I think the Bosch routers use a special guide bush but the De Walts and Elu's use the Trend ones. HTH.

12. handymanforhire

handymanforhire New Member

17mm guide bush, 12.7mm cutter and a hammer?

Just a thought..;)

Pete

13. chip off the block

i did consider the 17mm and 12.7mm cutter but thought 0.6mm is a bit tight to get the hinges in and would prefer to get the correct stuff for the job

14. TimberTech

TimberTech Member

Hey chip i forgot to say before, get the corner chisel as well it saves loads of time

15. chip off the block

i have 1 for the lock jig thanks. I was thinking of buying hinges with the radius corner as i supply all the materials and i think they look better

16. TimberTech

TimberTech Member

kk, i was looking at the lock jig but it wouldnt do the size of faceplate i was fitting, 235mmx25mm, so i made a jig out of the good old mdf and clamped that to doors for routing faceplate, works fine, after this i discovered that trend do two lock jigs the second one is same style as smaller one but will do bigger sizes, but hey ho will leave that for a future buy

17. chip off the block

i use mine all te time and it is amazing. I would say it takes 7 min to cut a lock in and it dont matter if there are knots or any thing in the way because it cuts straight through them without risk of splitting

18. andy@trend

andy@trend New Member

19. chip off the block

i think it was the t3 and it was the bushes that went in it which was odd in that time

20. chip off the block

also the 1 piece is cheaper